When will we ever be able
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When will we ever be able

When will we ever be able

When will we ever be able to add pictures to ths site.
    I know it cost nothing to us but if it starts to be a pain
    how are we going to get around it.´
    Come on guys get to work, would any other bussiness put up with this-
    Think of the sponsers that are on here.
    Thanks just needed to rant, this is starting to getto me a bit.

There's probably not much money in running this site, usually a labor of love.
    Every image, and the transferal of that image from the location that hosts the site to your computer is storage and data transfer. This all costs money. Think of it in terms of data plans on smartphones, more data = more money.

I was surprised that this site allowed us to upload photos to the site for hosting, big sites don't.
    Every little pic of a bike, accessory, etc adds up. Every time someone views a page that is transfer. Every time someone replies with quote and doesn't delete the images the site operators pay for that storage and transfer.

You'll have to learn how to use a 3rd party site to host your photos. Yes, photobucket has gone nuts, but there are others.
    If the site was limited to text only it could be hosted on a home server. Trying to handle all of the photos and thousands of views is a commitment level that requires money.

If this is a pain then just wait til you try to find something better. I haven't looked too deeply into the other F6B sites but the fact is you're gonna have to pay one way or another - either with your time using image hosting sites or by using a site that has tons of ads or (ugh) some group on Farcebook.

If you look around you may even find browser extensions that make the process of uploading photos to hosting site easier.
    Post what browser you use and let's see if we can get something going for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    There's probably not much money in running this site, usually a labor of love.
    Every image, and the transferal of that image from the location that hosts the site to your computer is storage and data transfer. This all costs money. Think of it in terms of data plans on smartphones, more data = more money.

I was surprised that this site allowed us to upload photos to the site for hosting, big sites don't.
    Every little pic of a bike, accessory, etc adds up. Every time someone views a page that is transfer. Every time someone replies with quote and doesn't delete the images the site operators pay for that storage and transfer.

You'll have to learn how to use a 3rd party site to host your photos. Yes, photobucket has gone nuts, but there are others.
    If the site was limited to text only it could be hosted on a home server. Trying to handle all of the photos and thousands of views is a commitment level that requires money.

If this is a pain then just wait til you try to find something better. I haven't looked too deeply into the other F6B sites but the fact is you're gonna have to pay one way or another - either with your time using image hosting sites or by using a site that has tons of ads or (ugh) some group on Farcebook.

If you look around you may even find browser extensions that make the process of uploading photos to hosting site easier.
    Post what browser you use and let's see if we can get something going for you!
    I use Googl chrome, I relize its alabor of love for this site to exsist,I would love some help from those that are more smart about this here stuff.
    thanks for the sholder my brother, it just hurts to go backwards.
    Any suggestion what a guy can do

Here's a browser add-on that I think will allow you to easily post to imgur hosting service.
    After you upload your photos they will have links that you'll copy and paste in the text box that pops up when you click the icon of a picture frame up above the text area in your response to posts. It's to the left of the film strip icon. I need an extension to prevent my run on sentences!

There may be others, this will just get your feet wet.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jnkggfcf?hl=en

Robert

Testing out new site for posting pics. imgur.com

2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

That is nice, the picture quality, the location scenery and the bike. Now if we can refrain from posting an answer with the picture reposted we might reduce our bandwidth required which only puts the same picture up again.

Unhappy

Looks like moving forward we will need to add a second party to add pics like Photo Bucket....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    I haven't heard that expression before. What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    I haven't heard that expression before. What does it mean?
    It doesn't mean anything other than a missed space.

get to

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Hello y'all.

This is definitely a labor of love. I personally have logged about 250 hours over the last few months trying to fix the attachments issue. We've even employed the support of the manufacturer of the VBulletin software to help us, and that gave no cigar.

At the moment, the issue is that somehow during the several server moves we did, the user numbers and the corresponding pictures attached to them have become mismatched.

This is incredibly complex and after fooling with it and how long it took to fix 1 picture, I figure it will be somewhere in the realm of another 1,000+ hours to rectify.

I might be able to find some new attachment addon, however Vbulletin 4 (which we are using) has become outdated, and most support for it has been canceled.

That being said: What would you like to do? These are the current choices, either we must use a third party picture host like imgur, or photobucket ( I am happy to write a guide for you on how to use them. ) Or we need to start the forum over. A whole new one. From scratch. And MAYBE we can import the data back in over time.