Satellite radio

Thread: Satellite radio

Satellite radio

Good evening everyone. I have satellite radio in my car and I am interested in getting on my bike. Can anyone help me as far as the hardware that would be suitable for this and where I can get it. Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie1959 View Post
    Good evening everyone. I have satellite radio in my car and I am interested in getting on my bike. Can anyone help me as far as the hardware that would be suitable for this and where I can get it. Much obliged.
    Good evening. Honestly, the easiest way to do what you want is to get the Sirius XM app for your smartphone and stream music through the app, then through the 3.5mm jack in the fairing pocket or through the USB connection in the left saddlebag.

If you get a RAM mount on your handlebar, you can get a smartphone cradle to hold your phone and then run the wires from that down to the connection in your fairing pocket. You will probably need a female-to-male 3.5mm extender.

You can also get a 12V female receptacle placed into the fairing pocket for a charger.

Or, just hook the damn phone up to the USB in the saddlebag, pick your favorite SiriusXM station, and carry on.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I have the Stratus 7 in the left cubby hooked to the 3.5 jack.Ran the Antenna to the center of the dash between it and windsreen.Works great and since you already subscribe to Sirius they will give you a great price for the Sat unit.Only drawback is you have to open the cubby to change stations but that really does not bother me.

Appreciate the responses!