Surprised
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprised

Surprised

I'm really surprised when I open this forum and see so little activity, especially this time of year with the weather being so perfect. Seems like nobodies riding anywhere. So I thought I might nudge a little and see if anybody's interested in putting something together.

To repeat from another thread, here are some thoughts on where to go. Please feel free to add to the list. Please include where you would like to go and where you would like to meet.

Some possibilities are:
    Gettysburg ............................................... 3 and a half hours one way from our usual meeting spot in Metamoris, PA.
    The End of the World state park.................... 2 and a half hours
    PA Grand Canyon........................................ 3 and a half hours
    PA Beltzville State park................................ 1 and a half hours
    Our usual run, the waterfall, bakery, dam, ...... 1 and a half hours
    Or just a ride into the back hills...................... ???
    New Jersey Shore and boardwalks ............. ....2 hours to Point Pleasant

Maybe you or others could chime in with some good ideas. Then we could post a ride destination under a new thread.

I'll say what I always say...pick some dates. The 2 and 3 hour rides one way west cut into a day ride too much for me. I'd do the usual pie/hotel or a NJ ride. Never been to Jersey other than expressways. I'm good for any Sunday and work every other Saturday until noon. I have a couple weekends booked, but could make something.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Actually people are riding; and not posting on the forum. Hence little activity on the board....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Been teaching - in a tropical storm

Spent the last 3 days soaking wet outside teaching the MSF Basic Rider Course.
    My only riding was doing demos for the students.

Nothing but rain, thunderstorms and tornado watches/warnings for 96 hours, and it will continue at least for 48 more. Meh.

I'll be heading up to the greater Philly area mid-July. 18-23. I have several engagements in the area, but could hopefully find time to cut loose for a fun filled day.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

As I posted in the general forum I have just returned from a twenty day ride encompassing 7800 miles and 30 states. Now that I am home in Phoenix and trying to deal with the heat I tend to get the bike out in the early morning and put it away by 7:30 AM. My wife questions why I came home, she says I should have stayed up north and continued riding. I find it amusing that the rest of the country is in its prime riding season and we are past ours here in the desert. Life is good, you just have to go with it.

I'm contemplating a ride to the white mountains this Sunday morning. I haven't ridden at all this year except for my 8 mile commute.
    It was so beautiful this morning, I almost headed for the mountains instead of work.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    I'm contemplating a ride to the white mountains this Sunday morning. I haven't ridden at all this year except for my 8 mile commute.
    It was so beautiful this morning, I almost headed for the mountains instead of work.
    I wouldn't mind that ride if you want company....not going up Mt Washington though!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I wouldn't mind that ride if you want company....not going up Mt Washington though!
    No riding up the mountain for me. When we want to see the view, we hike up.
    I'll shoot you a text Sunday morning if I'm heading up.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    No riding up the mountain for me. When we want to see the view, we hike up.
    I'll shoot you a text Sunday morning if I'm heading up.
    Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    As I posted in the general forum I have just returned from a twenty day ride encompassing 7800 miles and 30 states. Now that I am home in Phoenix and trying to deal with the heat I tend to get the bike out in the early morning and put it away by 7:30 AM. My wife questions why I came home, she says I should have stayed up north and continued riding. I find it amusing that the rest of the country is in its prime riding season and we are past ours here in the desert. Life is good, you just have to go with it.
    Now that is a ride to brag about !!
    Years ago my wife and I on a two week vacation rode well over 6,000 miles and 22 states on the East side of the USA. We rode a Kawasaki Voyager 1300 and it would get the job done !