Some Breaking News New Gold Wing and F6B!!!!!!
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some Breaking News New Gold Wing and F6B!!!!!!

Some Breaking News New Gold Wing and F6B!!!!!!

Read this from a post on GLForum

New Gold Wing and F6B coming

http://bit.ly/NextGenGoldwing
    Honda History has been made
    1 hour ago
    No other time in the History of the Goldwing, has Honda Corporation shown a new version of a new Goldwing to the buying public.

To make this even more special, under 30 chosen few got to not only see the New Goldwing & F6B. But actually got invited to test ride the new bikes, at a secret location owned by Honda.

This was the only viewing & Test ride in the USA. (My friend was part of history)

The Consensus was overwhelming in the Positive.

Both bikes were rebuilt from the ground up.

Both bikes share the same engine.

The Flagship is a DCT 7 speed.(can be manually paddle shifted)

The F6B is a manual 6 speed transmission (Still a stripped down wing)

ECM (now a central computer) has different modes of operation. (I won't say how many)

Suspension also has different modes. (I won't say how many)

Engine is a totally new power plant. (That info was kept confidential).

All new bodywork.

LED Lighting front to rear.

80 pounds lighter.

Without getting to in depth about each and every item Honda has created in this all new bike.

I will say that to describe the look and features is in a word. "Radical"

Through the years everyone has had a list of things they wanted on a new Goldwing.

Well Honda has been listening, and put together a bike that should please everyone.

Well almost everyone,after all Goldwing owners are never satisfied no matter what you give them!!! (Sarcasm inserted)

I have a ton of information, But will not post it here for my own reasons. it's Honda's new bike.

I'll let them have the Honor of telling everyone exactly what is on both new redesigned bikes.

I decided to share this Important news here on "TheGLForum" Because it's where I call home, and where I have friends I wanted to share this information with.

I have asked the board Administrator to lock this thread.

I will not answer any questions period,or divulge any more about the new Goldwing than I already have.

Anyone is free to start their own thread,and discuss it there.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Ho hum...late to the party....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...-F6Bs-for-2018

Lol
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    You posted it in an obscure place, this kind of news deserves it's own thread. So there.

Cool

Trying not to yawn.... I we have to see it to believe it.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm surprised that this thread has not gotten more attention. I don't think it is a hoax, but who knows.

I do question where it says the wing and the F6 get the same engine, but different transmissions. That's a lot of extra effort for a bike that did not sell well.

I also question the 80lbs lighter. How the heck are they doing that?? Maybe the 1800 is being reduced to a 500cc.

Either way, I'll be keeping my F6 for some time. But it will be real interesting to see what Honda has up their sleeve.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I'm surprised that this thread has not gotten more attention. I don't think it is a hoax, but who knows.

I do question where it says the wing and the F6 get the same engine, but different transmissions. That's a lot of extra effort for a bike that did not sell well.

I also question the 80lbs lighter. How the heck are they doing that?? Maybe the 1800 is being reduced to a 500cc.

Either way, I'll be keeping my F6 for some time. But it will be real interesting to see what Honda has up their sleeve.
    Honda already has a bike that features both DCT transmission or a 6 speed standard in the CTX700N. Not a stretch to imagine both being an option for the same Gold Wing power plant. Sure the F6B didn't sell well, especially the first 2 years, but I think it was building up a little momentum and with bikes like the BMW K1600B coming out, if Honda could present the right package with upgraded electronics and power etc, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Honda already has a bike that features both DCT transmission or a 6 speed standard in the CTX700N. Not a stretch to imagine both being an option for the same Gold Wing power plant. Sure the F6B didn't sell well, especially the first 2 years, but I think it was building up a little momentum and with bikes like the BMW K1600B coming out, if Honda could present the right package with upgraded electronics and power etc, who knows.
    I did not know that. Good info, good points. I wish a little more info had been leaked! Guess I'll have to wait ....
    Albuquerque, NM

I did not know that. Good info, good points. I wish a little more info had been leaked! Guess I'll have to wait ....
    "I hate waiting..."
    Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Maybe something is going on for 2018 models as a couple of Honda dealers around this area have told me they have not been able to order any 2017 GW's or F6B's for a couple of month now...Who knows, "only the shadow knows"...A little humor for you old timers that remember this radio show!!!....Ride safe

"Who knows, "only the shadow knows"...A little humor for you old timers that remember this radio show!!!....Ride safe "

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows, heh,heh,heh.