Russell Day Long question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Russell Day Long question

The Russell is breaking in nicely. Last trip was 200 miles. Where the stock seat would have me pulling over after 30 miles just to get some relief, we stopped after 125 miles for gas and coffee and my butt asked me why we stopped. There is zero pressure on my tailbone area, the coccyx (had an operation down there in 1973) and the support is obvious at the top of the femur where the sockets are located. To me, sitting on that stock seat was like sitting on a 2x4, but others have no issues. My condition mandated that support be placed outside the coccyx area and the Russell does that better than any other seat I've ever had including the old Ez Berg from the 70's, Sargent seats, Corbins on Harleys, even a Dallas Police solo seat I converted to fit on my 2008 Street Glide. The only other seat that did work was the Hartco that was made for my 2004 Wing and he dished out an area for tailbone issue. It was good for several hundred miles, whereas the stock Wing seat was not back then. The worst seat ever was the La Pera for a Harley. I think they promise it is the most uncomfortable seat ever made, and is is. Back to Russell. If (when) I ever purchase another bike, I'll send the pan to Russell. I'm eyeing the Motus presently and it comes with a Sargent. If I bought one, that seat would go to Russell the minute I signed the papers. Russell tweaked my order the day before it was to be made. Their customer service is superb and the product even better, IMO. I respect those who can ride the stock seat with no issue and somewhat jealous, but for my rump, Russell saved my butt and it thanks me every time I mount up. Ten thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Hey Bill, I found these observations very informative, especially in lieu of the fact the seat is so new to you, and the impressions are so fresh. (Pun intended) Thanks so much for your objective honesty. If you can, please remember to come back to this thread in a couple thousand miles for your report after break in, as I would love to hear your thoughts.

Jason

NP Jason, I've put more time in the saddle and its getting better. The pinch points were really bugging me so I targeted the areas on the side of the seat that were irritating me and I literally worked it out by hand by squeezing and holding them down (like a masseuse would work on someone's back). Its actually working...I guess its accelerating the break-in on the areas in question.