Jason........................

My Russell arrives here next Tuesday. I have my stock seat (I sent Russell one I bought off this forum) so I will post photos with measurements with both seats. I'm 5' 11" with a 31" inseam. I had called Russell several times asking how much the seat might be raised with my measurements. We discussed this the other day when they called for credit card payment. He remembered our conversation and told me that it was probably close to 1/2" to 3/4". As taxfree pointed out and others have mentioned, it is designed for you to slide forward a bit to flatfoot when stopping, then slide back "into" the pocket at takeoff. We'll see about this next week. With the wings being higher than the butt pocket, it might be a bit off for an accurate reading on how much the seat is raised up over stock but I have a solution for that in my old feeble brain. I went with all leather, solo seat reworked, backrest, and seat cover.....$1287.00 shipped to Dallas. Seeing that I don't have a back-up butt sitting on a shelf in the garage, I rolled the dice on the Russell, and as taxfree mentioned, so do quite a lot of the Iron Butt pilots. Check out Jehu's pics of his trip to Alaska on his F6BX....his rump was on a Russell, and the roads up there don't remind me of Interstate 40 for some reason. I had a Hartco on my 2004 Wing and it was great compared to the stock seat which Honda still puts on the current Wings. As the old saying goes....You should not scrimp on 2 things....your work boots and a bed, because when your not in your boots, you're in your bed. Riding for over 40 years, it's now 3 things that you shouldn't scrimp on, IMO. I've had the Hartco, Sargents, Ez Berg, Mustangs, Saddlemens, a solo seat off a police Harley,etc. Next week, I'll add a Russell to the mix. Photos are one thing, a happy ass is another. I'll post photos as quickly as possible for your viewing entertainment next week hoping to aid you in your decision. If it arrives Tuesday, pics should be up that night if it's not raining cats and dogs.