Russell Day Long question

Thread: Russell Day Long question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have had 4 Russell seats and everyone was a huge improvement. I can do 1000 miles days back to back on the "B" with comfort.

You can also request a "Sport Seat" from Russell that will not raise you at all. I had one on a Suzuki B-King and it was as comfortable as any other Russell I had: ST1300, K1200GT, F6B and B-King.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    I have had 4 Russell seats and everyone was a huge improvement. I can do 1000 miles days back to back on the "B" with comfort.

You can also request a "Sport Seat" from Russell that will not raise you at all. I had one on a Suzuki B-King and it was as comfortable as any other Russell I had: ST1300, K1200GT, F6B and B-King.
    All good info from everyone and I appreciate it!

4 RDL's is quite an endorsement. Would you recommend adjusting the bars and pegs before the Russell, to get the rider position pics accurate? Or would it be better after the seat, to see what is needed..

Jason..........

As mentioned, my seat arrives Tuesday. If you're close to Dallas, or even if not, you're welcome to drop by and check my seat out vs. the stock seat for measurements. If you're in El Paso, it's ONLY a 1300 mile round trip. That's only a $1 a mile if you buy the full monty from Russell. Come check it out.

HELI BARS & RDL is the best money you can spend on your "B"
    Windshield, don't know. Ask 10 people gets 10 different answers. I like my Klock Works.

I had a Russell Day Long on my Honda VTX1300 and have one on my F6B. I also own a Mustang seat. I love the fit of the Mustang seat but for long rides I have to have the Russell Day Long. My tailbone starts to hurt if I ride the Mustang over 100 miles in a day. The Day Long spreads your butt cheeks out and you do not feel the pressure but as stated, it does raise you up some. The Mustang makes you feel like your in the bike and the Day Long makes you feel like your on the bike but for comfort in long distance, you can not beat it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Jason..........

As mentioned, my seat arrives Tuesday. If you're close to Dallas, or even if not, you're welcome to drop by and check my seat out vs. the stock seat for measurements. If you're in El Paso, it's ONLY a 1300 mile round trip. That's only a $1 a mile if you buy the full monty from Russell. Come check it out.
    That's nice of you! I'm down in San Antonio but if I'm ever up that way I may take you up on it.