Memorial Weekend motorcycle vacation ended before it really gets started - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Weekend motorcycle vacation ended before it really gets started

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I missed that post. I read the earlier one where you said the valve cover would cost $1,300. $2K is definitely adjuster territory, but doesn't sound too bad since it includes the exhaust and saddlebag lid.

I'm curious about the saddlebag lid. Does it come painted to match your F6B? Or does the dealer have to get that done?
    Supposedly pre painted or they could have fixed the existing one.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Well, no bike for the party, will get it back next Thursday, just in time to go to Algonia !!

Hey Chop, sure sounds like you got the good ole run-around! Sorry you had to deal with that kinda crap. I would have chimed in earlier, but was out west on a 15 day ride. Great time, 5330 miles. Only the weather was my enemy. Had rain, hail, sleet, snow high winds, and cool temps, on 9 of my days. Beartooth mtn Pass was a total white-out. I should have turned around, but...., made it, to Cody.
    Well, you get the 6 all fixed and we'll go riding together!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Hey Chop, sure sounds like you got the good ole run-around! Sorry you had to deal with that kinda crap. I would have chimed in earlier, but was out west on a 15 day ride. Great time, 5330 miles. Only the weather was my enemy. Had rain, hail, sleet, snow high winds, and cool temps, on 9 of my days. Beartooth mtn Pass was a total white-out. I should have turned around, but...., made it, to Cody.
    Well, you get the 6 all fixed and we'll go riding together!
    Glad to hear you had a goodtime. Get it back Thursday and leave Friday for Algona Iowa, nice to have you back, safe and sound !

What's happening in Algonia?

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    What's happening in Algonia?
    Abate of Iowa Rally, this Thursday, Friday and Saturday, a lot of bands and nekedness. www.abateiowafreedomrally.com

Hard to believe but I did it again. Left my Aero Peg out. Went in to the courthouse to get my registration renewed & came out to my bike knocked over & a huge oil spot. This happened last Thursday & I filed the claim on the app while I was waiting for my wife to bring the trailer. Also called the dealer & told him I was on my way. The insurance adjuster called while is was driving off. I pick up the bike tomorrow. Should also have the new version of Aero Pegs tomorrow. Got some great service from my dealer & insurance company. $250.00 Deductible.
    Also tomorrow is my riding anniversary. 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzzPhotos View Post
    Hard to believe but I did it again. Left my Aero Peg out. Went in to the courthouse to get my registration renewed & came out to my bike knocked over & a huge oil spot. This happened last Thursday & I filed the claim on the app while I was waiting for my wife to bring the trailer. Also called the dealer & told him I was on my way. The insurance adjuster called while is was driving off. I pick up the bike tomorrow. Should also have the new version of Aero Pegs tomorrow. Got some great service from my dealer & insurance company. $250.00 Deductible.
    Geez

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzzPhotos View Post
    Good for you, while I wait a month to get mine back...

Called the dealer yesterday to ask when the 6 might be done so that I could set up a ride, service person said , anytime, it's done. I wanted to say "when were you going to call me" but what's the point. Felt good to ride her home, bike and trailer loaded and ready to go to Algona Io.