Will Honda make F6Bs for 2018?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Honda make F6Bs for 2018?

Will Honda make F6Bs for 2018?

Will Honda make F6Bs for 2018? I saw on another thread someone said no more F6Bs in 2018!

Thanks,
    Bryan

No idea. Does it matter? Buy one now if you want one. Replacement parts will be available for a long, long time if you need them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by bt24 View Post
    Will Honda make F6Bs for 2018? I saw on another thread someone said no more F6Bs in 2018!

Thanks,
    Bryan
    Heck there weren't any 2017s as far as I know. At least not in the US. Rumor is that 2018 may be the year that Honda finally brings a fresh Gold Wing. Most are pretty doubtful that a new F6B will be in any new offering due to poor sales. Honda kicked it's own self with the F6B, by initial price and leaving off things like cruise control.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Purely speculation at this point on what Honda will do for 2018, but if I were a betting man I would not be surprised if Honda does not come out with a new generation GW...The new Trans Con from Yamaha is going to hurt GW sales unless Honda gets with the program..I seriously doubt we will see any 2018 F6B's....They just did not sell well enough and to closely priced at the beginning to the GW...JMHO and I am probably wrong!!!....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Purely speculation at this point on what Honda will do for 2018, but if I were a betting man I would not be surprised if Honda does not come out with a new generation GW...The new Trans Con from Yamaha is going to hurt GW sales unless Honda gets with the program..I seriously doubt we will see any 2018 F6B's....They just did not sell well enough and to closely priced at the beginning to the GW...JMHO and I am probably wrong!!!....Ride safe
    Well it is all just speculation and here say ,but a little talk with my local Honda Dealer (owner ( last year on the topic. Rumor had been, at the time, that the 2017 was to be the year. He dismissed that idea because at the time, Honda was behind due to the plant in Japan having to be closed for some time. Think it was because of an earthquake or something. Can't remember now. However, he thought that any plans for a new Wing would probably be pushed out a year because of it.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Honda is generally a conservative giant on a global scale. They either go overboard with design or tech, or don't do anything it seems.

I have mentioned that I bought a brand new Honda 30 hp outboard motor in September 2000.

If you went out and bought a 2017 30 hp outboard, it would be exactly the same other than an updated tiller handle, decals, and automatic choke.

The Gold Wing is basically unchanged during the same stretch.

It wouldn't take much to update it, though a redesign that reflects the competition would be better.

Make the trunk removable, increase cockpit space for those over 5'9", add Bluetooth, keyless starting and some other tech they can borrow from other divisions, and restyle it a bit. The bike has aged well.

...and put ABS on each model, please!!!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Honda is generally a conservative giant on a global scale. They either go overboard with design or tech, or don't do anything it seems.

I have mentioned that I bought a brand new Honda 30 hp outboard motor in September 2000.

If you went out and bought a 2017 30 hp outboard, it would be exactly the same other than an updated tiller handle, decals, and automatic choke.

The Gold Wing is basically unchanged during the same stretch.

It wouldn't take much to update it, though a redesign that reflects the competition would be better.

Make the trunk removable, increase cockpit space for those over 5'9", add Bluetooth, keyless starting and some other tech they can borrow from other divisions, and restyle it a bit. The bike has aged well.

...and put ABS on each model, please!!!

Some information that is reliable: Honda will do what ever it takes to remain profitable.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

just came across this and it mentions the F6B

/http://bit.ly/NextGenGoldwing

If they change the Goldwing this year, I wonder if they will keep making F6b's until they use up their 1800 engines. Didn't they do this with the 1500 engines and the Valk?

I just read this. Don't know how true it is. Read on!

Honda History has been made
    54 minutes ago
    No other time in the History of the Goldwing, has Honda Corporation shown a new version of a new Goldwing to the buying public.

To make this even more special, under 30 chosen few got to not only see the New Goldwing & F6B. But actually got invited to test ride the new bikes, at a secret location owned by Honda.

This was the only viewing & Test ride in the USA. (My friend was part of history)

The Consensus was overwhelming in the Positive.

Both bikes were rebuilt from the ground up.

Both bikes share the same engine.

The Flagship is a DCT 7 speed.(can be manually paddle shifted)

The F6B is a manual 6 speed transmission (Still a stripped down wing)

ECM (now a central computer) has different modes of operation. (I won't say how many)

Suspension also has different modes. (I won't say how many)

Engine is a totally new power plant. (That info was kept confidential).

All new bodywork.

LED Lighting front to rear.

80 pounds lighter.

Without getting to in depth about each and every item Honda has created in this all new bike.

I will say that to describe the look and features is in a word. "Radical"

Through the years everyone has had a list of things they wanted on a new Goldwing.

Well Honda has been listening, and put together a bike that should please everyone.

Well almost everyone,after all Goldwing owners are never satisfied no matter what you give them!!! (Sarcasm inserted)

I have a ton of information, But will not post it here for my own reasons. it's Honda's new bike.

I'll let them have the Honor of telling everyone exactly what is on both new redesigned bikes.
    Albuquerque, NM