BrakeAway Cruise Control

Thread: BrakeAway Cruise Control

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool

Nothing wrong with the Brakeaway !!!! Very nice unit...... not sure why it would not work on heated grips.... how would it know the grips are heated ??? Reminds me of my friend, Tom Tipton...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Brakeaway !!!! Very nice unit...... not sure why it would not work on heated grips.... how would it know the grips are heated ??? Reminds me of my friend, Tom Tipton...
    Read all of my post and you will see what they are 'worried' about regarding heated grips. Sounds like a very slim probability, but 'legal' probably made 'em say it.

I'm just enough of a "renegade" to try it with heated grips.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I'm just enough of a "renegade" to try it with heated grips.
    It does kind of sound like a 'one in a million' ~problem~. I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it!! LOL!

I installed one on a friends VTX. Took a while (days) to get his dialed in just right. It's a rather intricate device. If a person has never installed/adjusted one, don't accidently lose your instructions!!

I will be the first to say the Brakeaway is a PITA, as far as adjustment...it is still the best made unit on the market. Scottrod, I hear ya on the wire...just don't see it as probable... anything is possible...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have heated grips and there are no interference issues. Not sure on the aftermarket grips.....as long as you can get it to slide over I would think it would work.

I saw a comment on it being a PITA to adjust. The Honda dealer had the same comment when I told him I wanted a brake away but when he got this version he said the install went well. The jury is out on if it needs adjustments to stay working correctly.

Brickyards...once the unit is set there is not need to re adjust unless you remove it for some reason... it is a very nice unit...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    . Scottrod, I hear ya on the wire...just don't see it as probable... anything is possible...
    Ya have to remember, they are lumping all heated grips into the mix, incuding the retro-fit do-it-yourself kits where either the installer or heating element design may have left some extra cabling floppin in the breeze.

So, the rider blames Breakaway iso his grips/wiring,,,