Twisted Throttle Mount for GIVI MONOKEY Boxes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twisted Throttle Mount for GIVI MONOKEY Boxes

Twisted Throttle Mount for GIVI MONOKEY Boxes

I just installed the Twisted Throttle Steel Rack. It is Top Box install kit for Honda F6B '13-'16. Install was easy. This kit/Rack is far superior to HONDA OEM and my Givi MonoLoc Maxia 3 box fits like a glove. Since there is no mention of this install kit/rack on the GIVI site, I am assuming Twisted Throttle are the only guys that have this kit.
    Thumbs up for:
    As an install kit that can double as a luggage rack alone and it is far superior to Honda accessory version. level and true. I recommend you use the large Rubber spacers in this application and blue lock tite (removable) all screws except the ones with ny-loc nuts. I also recommend you consider that Honda has pre-painted/pre-cut panels that will match your paint exactly and work with this system. Absolutely the best kept secret accessory for the F6B. As soon as I learn how to post pictures, i will add them!

I've got this as well, the neat thing I like is it sits the box closer to the bike. I've seen some attach the Givi rack to the Honda rack, not as tidy as the Twisted one.

I have the same plate and Monokey anchors but I used the shortest front shims in the back and cut one of the longest rear shims in two and used the two halves in the front to change the angle of the plate and bring it even closer to the bike. I find that the case looks better leaning slightly to the back. When you put in the 4 bolts for the plate they are slightly misaligned with the bracket, but everything lines up as you tighten them.

Me too. I used a GIVI side box / pannier as a trunk. Painted it satin black, low profile, looks neat (well, I think it does)

I also have this plate from TT with a Givi V47 and backrest installed. Slick secure easy on/off setup.

Twisted Throttle Rack and GIVI top Box

I too endorse this. I drilled out the stock panels using the provided template. Worked pretty well. I've loaded up the top box beyond recommended weight just as a test. Worked flawlessly. Planning a two week trip in October where I will load it up again. The Mrs. wanted a more secure perch and this is just what the doctor ordered.

Will this plate work with the factory back rest (F6B deluxe) installed or does it have to come off? I have a Givi 46 I have used on 4 different bikes, would like to use it for trips with the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Will this plate work with the factory back rest (F6B deluxe) installed or does it have to come off? I have a Givi 46 I have used on 4 different bikes, would like to use it for trips with the F6B.
    According to the website, the backrest has to come off. I would guess they are using a pad on their top boxes...if they use it while riding 2-up. I have the Givi adaptor on the Honda rack so I don't have to remove the backrest. I haven't used the trunk yet though, but it is ready incase I ever need the extra space. The main reason I went this direction is because I already had this set up on another bike, so it was the simplest/cheapest solution for me.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I'll throw in some pics. I ended up with Dale's rack and started a search for a GIVI rack also. Ended up at Adventure Moto site and bought their rack for the Monokey. Drillled 4 holes in Dales rack and was done. You are shipped 2 racks bolted together and just need to take them apart to get the one shown, then bolt it to any flat rack. I'm waiting for my GIVI 47 to arrive.

rack for givi trunk

Very nice set up. How did you run the wiring harness for Trunk lights?
    Thank you