"Do nothing" box

Thread: "Do nothing" box

"Do nothing" box

Men have the ability to keep our life separated into convenient boxes, opening them up as necessary and closing them when we're finished with that particular topic/event.
    We also have a "nothing" box which we can open - much to the dismay of our estrogen based counterparts - and literally "do nothing."

I just enjoyed a scotch & cigar on my back deck, doing nothing. I don't often get to open that box and when I do, I seldom enjoy it long enough.
    Tonight was different...I did nothing for almost an hour, just "being" on my deck, listening to frogs & cicadas, watching Jupiter disappear in the western sky as the Big Dipper became visible as the sunset brought nightfall.

I got to thinking that a lot of the "gender neutrality" that has engulfed society has kept a lot of 'men' from employing this unique aspect of ourselves and I fear we will lose it altogether.

Guys, take some time to "do nothing" and just sit. It is one of the privileges the courts cannot take away unless we surrender it.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I like to open my "do nothing" box too.. out in the back yard. Drinking beer and marveling at how the wind finesses the leaves of the trees in the woods around me.

It's very relaxing.

Then I remember that soon I will have to open the "leaf raking" box in another couple of months... and slam my "do nothing" box shut...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Cool

We are special no doubt...especially when we only have the ability to have one box open at a time. When someone rushes us to open another while one is still open we have a complete shut down until we can rearrange our openings!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Consider talking to Pandora before opening any box.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Nikola Tesla

"The mind is sharper and keener in seclusion and uninterrupted solitude. No big laboratory is needed in which to think. Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born. That is why many of the earthly miracles have had their genesis in humble surroundings."
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Great post 53

My "ride box" and "do nothing box" get opened at the same time many Sunday mornings.

I work Mon - Sat every week but I lead rides most Sundays. Our group is small and it is usually 4 or 5 of us but we do get together every Sunday....

BUT...

I head out early Sunday morning an hour or two before meeting the others and just ride off to an undetermined coffee shop to just sit by myself, sip coffee and watch the world wake up. It helps me get myself centered and then ride out to meet the others and start our ride.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Yes we men have what women call a defect, we don't.
    We open one box at a time.
    I am always so telling myself counterpart at home that I do one thing at a
    time ,I do it very well ,then I move on.
    This kind of thing drives woman crazy. I can understand this because they have the ability
    to run a house hold , children and refuse our advances in the kitchen.
    Something about Mars and Venus here if I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I like to open my "do nothing" box too.. out in the back yard. Drinking beer and marveling at how the wind finesses the leaves of the trees in the woods around me.

It's very relaxing.

Then I remember that soon I will have to open the "leaf raking" box in another couple of months... and slam my "do something" box shut...
    Fixed it for ya!