Make OEM seat more comfortable? On the cheap?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make OEM seat more comfortable? On the cheap?

Question Make OEM seat more comfortable? On the cheap?

Looking for a way to make the OEM seat more comfortable. You know on HOT day how it feels or LONG rides. What I have done so far is I bought beads from Beadrider and use them. Problem is there is no easy way to attach them to the current seat. I am looking for a inexpensive addon. Any ideas? And how have you attached it?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I attached my beads permanently with some paracord run through the beads then under the seat. You could do it right with some connectors, I haven't had the need to remove them.
    I used to think they were kinda geriatric and dorky, now I'm all about seat beads.
    Best return of any accessory dollars spent.

Costco sells a seat pad for cars. The back and seat separate. I use the seat, bungied down. Works great for $17.

Can a person remove the seat and attach something underneath so that the beads can be attached easily? Right now they are held on by wide flat hooks that hook under the edge of the seat. They occasionally come unhooked.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Can a person remove the seat and attach something underneath so that the beads can be attached easily? Right now they are held on by wide flat hooks that hook under the edge of the seat. They occasionally come unhooked.
    If they come unhooked because of lack of tension you could replace the supplied cord with some stretch cord/elastic cord that would always keep tension on the hooks.
    Maybe loosen the passenger grab-bar and slip it between the seat and the point of contact between the 2 screws? Put a knot at the end to keep it from slipping out.

I'd like to make two small plates with 2 holes that would go between the grab-bar and the seat. It would be the same shape as the area of contact except it would have 2 small attachment points that extend out of the top: one with a 3/16" hole for the beadrider cord and another with a 1-1/4"X1/8" slot to run webbing through for attaching my camping bag.
    Easy to imagine, a little harder to get my lazy butt to make them.
    Probably something already made that will work, I'm thinking about getting something like a rope tensioner. It only needs to be a piece of metal with 2 holes and no sharp edges.
    I can't get Tinypic to work and can't attach an image.

Go get a large Alaskan sheepskin buttpad from Alaskan leathers and give that a shot as well... I have one and use it occasionally. I don't fasten it down though, just simply sit on it and shake it out; roll it up and stash it in the saddlebag.

https://alaskaleather.com/products/l...epskin-buttpad

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I use my Harley Davidson Circulator seat pad. It flows air very well and looks good with a stretch strap to hold it down. Great if it is going to rain also. I keep it rolled up in the saddlebag and put it on my wet seat to keep my butt dry.

It works on my Mustang seat also.
    https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...large-seat-pad
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    Costco sells a seat pad for cars. The back and seat separate. I use the seat, bungied down. Works great for $17.
    I would love to have this seat, but I'm not a member of costco. Any chance someone could purchase and ship to my home? Surely the shipping is less than the 45 membership fee.

Pm me if anyone is willing..
    Thanks,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    I would love to have this seat, but I'm not a member of costco. Any chance someone could purchase and ship to my home? Surely the shipping is less than the 45 membership fee.

Pm me if anyone is willing..
    Thanks,
    Rob
    Hi Rob

Take a look at Amazon. Here is one example (hope it works)...

https://www.amazon.com/Zento-Deals-D...ded+seat+cover

WEG

I use beads, never tied them on, throw them on the seat and sit where are they going to go?