Breakfast w/a member and tires
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast w/a member and tires

Breakfast w/a member and tires

John/jm21ddd15 gave me a call and said he was going to be in my area and wanted to know if I wanted to ride, said sure, scheduled to meet him half way from where he was overnighting , have breakfast and ride. Woke up[ to a flat tire, hadn't ridin in a week... I have had more trouble w/tires on this bike in the last 3 years than I have had driving a car in 50. Both stock valve stems left me stranded, car tire w/leak on way to rally last year and flat car tire this morning. Drove the car up and had breakfast. Love the bike, had the tire problems.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

That's just her way of telling you you weren't supposed to ride today. Had a fjr years ago that wouldn't start right before a trip. When my buddy came by with the trailer. I commented I was tempted to trade her off on a HD. Tried one more time, tired right up. Never caused me a lick of trouble in another 12k miles. Was it the sight of the trailer or being threatened with a trip to the HD dealer? I think it was her way of telling me to stay home.

Mike

A flat tire can be viewed as an Achilles heel on a motorcycle... unless you have/carry a spare (which we can't/don't).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    John/jm21ddd15 gave me a call and said he was going to be in my area and wanted to know if I wanted to ride, said sure, scheduled to meet him half way from where he was overnighting , have breakfast and ride. Woke up[ to a flat tire, hadn't ridin in a week... I have had more trouble w/tires on this bike in the last 3 years than I have had driving a car in 50. Both stock valve stems left me stranded, car tire w/leak on way to rally last year and flat car tire this morning. Drove the car up and had breakfast. Love the bike, had the tire problems.
    Where in southern Wis do you live? I was driving around southeastern Wis on Friday I should have contacted you.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Where in southern Wis do you live? I was driving around southeastern Wis on Friday I should have contacted you.
    20 minutes from Menomonie wi.

20 minutes from Menomonie wi.
    So you are western Wis not southern so I wasn't close to you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    So you are western Wis not southern so I wasn't close to you at all.
    Myself and jm21ddd15 are both in SE WI. I'm near lake Geneva and he is in fort Atkinson. We get together at least once a month or so.

Let me know next time you meet up, maybe I could drive south.

Concerning the flat tire, nobody wants to repair it because of liability issue but gladly will sell you one at full retail. Thought about plugging it but w/the 3,000 + miles trip coming up I decided to order a new one and find someone to mount it. This tire was the replacement I had installed in Russellville last year when my darkside tire developed a leak on the way down.

Concerning the flat tire, nobody wants to repair it because of liability issue but gladly will sell you one at full retail. Thought about plugging it but w/the 3,000 + miles trip coming up I decided to order a new one and find someone to mount it. This tire was the replacement I had installed in Russellville last year when my darkside tire developed a leak on the way down.
    Hey Chop, was a great place you recommended for the breakfast. That meal lasted me till supper time. To bad about your tire. I found some new, good roads, so I was happy. Ended with another 1200 mile weekend. I am going to have to change my rear tire before Sturgis. Luckily, I already have rubber mounted on my extra wheel. Seems as we have several F6 riders in Wisconsin. We should figure out a meet and greet, like the group down in Florida does. The Wi Gold Winger group meets in Wi Dells on August 11th thru 13th, I will be there, probably gonna lead another ride thru the hills. Come and join the fun!