Just bought Helibar
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just bought Helibar

Just bought Helibar

I just made a payment for helibars to Keith @ glowing werks. Man I hope they are comfortable and work for me. I need some serious pullback and better wrist angle. Being a short rider I definitely need some pullback. I told my dealer it shud take 2 hrs to finish the Job and he said fine.

I really hope Honda comes with reverse next yr here in US.

This bike does not need a reverse...It just adds weight and weight reduction was one of the objectives Honda was trying to achieve...Just be careful where you park and all will be well.....Ride safe...

I have to say that i was surprised how easy this bike is to back up. My ST 1300 is a bear to back up compared to the F6B but the ST's seat is higher. Reverse would be a great option for riders that may need it but I would rather it be an option. Hoping to get a set of HeliBars myself.

Wantone,

Be interested in observations on the bars, do they always raise or can you get at roughly the same height and simply alter the angle of the bars forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryster View Post
    Wantone,

Be interested in observations on the bars, do they always raise or can you get at roughly the same height and simply alter the angle of the bars forward?
    Answer is yes, you should be able to find just about any position you that will work for you. You could even have them forward for more of a sport bike feel if you wanted.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I would take a reverse. My driveway has just enough angle and a flood lip to make it impossible to foot it there. How much would reverse add? What components make the reverse? A GW guy told me the starter goes reverse polarity. Is that a truism?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Stro it has something to do with the starter , I know that much. Your buddy is probably right.

Congrats W. I'm wanting to go there to but I'm trying some risers first.

Stro, I think you guys are right about the starter and reverse. I'd love to see someone break ground on this

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I would take a reverse. My driveway has just enough angle and a flood lip to make it impossible to foot it there. How much would reverse add? What components make the reverse? A GW guy told me the starter goes reverse polarity. Is that a truism?
    I don't know the mechanics, but the procedural aspect is turn ignition on, move switch to Reverse, engage engine starter and bike moves backwards.
    It would make sense that the bike would be in First Gear gear, but I wasn't paying that much attention.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I'v only seen a Winger use reverse once, and it's a strange process to behold. There's no engine rev at all; just the purr of some poor little electric motor trying to move 900 lbs of motorcycle