Ride More Comfortable without a New Seat

Thread: Ride More Comfortable without a New Seat

Ride More Comfortable without a New Seat

Hi Folks;

I recently made a trip from Port St Lucie Florida to Lincoln NH (for Laconia Bike Week) via Pittsburgh, PA and back. I rode over 850 miles the first day, and home from Pittsburgh the last day (1070 miles...long day!). My F6B is a 2015 basic stock bike with a Memphis Shades "Hot Wing" attachment to the stock windshield. No seat mods.

Now for the part of getting more butt comfort. I wore a pair of bicycle riding shorts by Canari that I bought in Sports Authority. They have a gel padding incorporated that helps keep the hot spots down, at least for me... I just bought the bike in April and this was my first really long trip but hopefully won't be my last. It also was my first long ride with these bicycle shorts.

I don't know if these bike shorts will work for you or not, but they are a cheap investment. If they can work for those guys riding on those skinny little racing bicycle seats, there must be something to it... IMHO of course.

Happy riding and stay safe,

WEG
    ATGATT

That is certainly an alternative but one little skid with even with the thinnest of long pants provides much better protection than skin. Maybe a larger pair of very loose thin pants over top may be a companion to that. I've seen and been riding with people who have had to have skin graphs and they ain't fun.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Did you get the Iron Butt??

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    That is certainly an alternative but one little skid with even with the thinnest of long pants provides much better protection than skin. Maybe a larger pair of very loose thin pants over top may be a companion to that. I've seen and been riding with people who have had to have skin graphs and they ain't fun.
    I would like to think he was wearing long pants, that would be a lot of miles and a lot of funny and disgusting looks in just biker shorts w/the butt cheek implants. WEGI, tell me it ain't so.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

I like the idea WEGI. Something like these? https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...glprrdshrtmbtt

Biker shorts seem like they would be very tight around the boys. I've used these but they didn't help:

http://ldcomfort.com/
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Red face

Ha ha ha... Boy what a sight that would be! No I didn't ride with just bike shorts to NH! I had them under my riding pants which happen to be Sliders From Comp Accessories. Got some Kevlar built in. Jacket too...

As for the "boys", they did just fine. I suspect the "boys" riding along with the Tour de France riders do OK as well but don't know... 😳

Ride safe and comfortable and well protected,

WEG

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    I like the idea WEGI. Something like these? https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...glprrdshrtmbtt
    Hi Elroy;

Yes, exactly like those. In fact, I may have bought them at Dick's and not Sports Authority...

WEG

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Did you get the Iron Butt??
    Hi F6B1911;

No, I didn't intend to ride straight through to Port St Lucie nor make any plan to apply for an Iron Butt Cert. Maybe next time I take off on vacation. Might do Colorado later in the year. My daughter lives there with her hubby and three boys. We will see...

WEG

Getting ready to do a Run to The Capital for work.
    This will be a top priority on my list as the Mustang still gives "Butt Ting" after some seat time.
    I have run from Detroit to NOLA in 24 hrs on a BMW K an it was reasonable long but this will be the NEW Girl test.

She has been adjusted to I hope the "Sweet Spot"
    Adjustments made:
    Madstrad 13" I am 6' flat with a 32 in seam. Been looking for that spot.
    Revco Pegs
    Mustang Seat
    Heli Bars (had them on all steads).

This might be what I have been looking for
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First