F6B Belly pan and center stand

Thread: F6B Belly pan and center stand

Cool F6B Belly pan and center stand

Do I need to buy a belly pan? Saw this on a couple post and not sure about it. Does the belly of the F6B dag and scrape that bad? Also, does the center stand cause a scraping problem in the mountains ? Seems the stand would be fast to scrape if its mounted under the bike and would be the lowest point! It just seems if I need a belly pan that a center stand would scrape without question...3 day old new F6B owner and just looking for some info from the voices of experience.

I have a McGyver belly pan and the Honda centerstand. I don't think either one has ever touched down for me. Of course I'm not blessed with a lot of curves in my area but the only thing I have ever dragged is the Mini Boards with the 3/4 inch comfort drop mounts. I took those off over the weekend and put the OEM pegs back on. I was experiencing some hip pain with the dropped boards.

A belly pan is advised by many and this bike does have a plastic reservoir under the bike that could get damged from road debris. I have never scraped the center stand but have rubbed the belly pan going over bumps as in speed humps. In a lean the pegs are the first thing to touch down for me, I installed pucks underneath to save the pegs.

Both are inexpensive add ons that have no negatives. Get em both.

One potential slight negative - the 4 bolts that the acorn nuts twist on that secure the bellypan are not designed for lateral impact.
    They shear quite rapidly if the bellypan smacks the new "high rise speed bumps" outside NAS Whiting Field Main Gate.

Now I get to figure out how to replace them...
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce