Some Breaking News New Gold Wing and F6B!!!!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some Breaking News New Gold Wing and F6B!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Read this elsewhere ... As someone else suggested: Maybe Honda wants to leak info early to keep some from jumping ship. I am really looking forward to this, but 99% chance I am keeping my bike.

"The local Honda dealer was called to a dealers meeting for an update. Part of that update was that there would be a major update to the Wing for 2018. Unfortunately, that was all that was said so nothing official about what that update will be."
    I personally have no "inside" information, but with the release of the new Yamaha Tourer, BMW 1600B, Indian Chieftain Elite, HD's new stuff, If Honda does not update or re-design the GW platform, F6B included, they must know something we don't or they just don't care about future sales of bigger road bikes!!!...JMHO and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Love stories like this. Sometimes you find the right give / take; supply / demand; need/ want; reasonable offers...

I was dealing with a Victory dealer on a CC Tour who was practically begging me to take the leftover '14 he had. Rebates, discounts, extended warranties, pipes, $1k worth of accessories, retail on a bike and sled trade in, everything but the kitchen sink. Probably would've given me that, too, and his wife for the night if I asked.

Hi VStar

Can you tell me the name of the Victory dealer and what his wife looks like? 😯😯

WEG

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    I think the 6 speed is the way to go, always looking for that gear
    6 speeds without the roll-on power in 6th is a PITA.

I sometimes go for 6th also but it is not needed at all. I agree 5th is more flexible and can be used for anything from 40 through wide open. I think we would miss the extra punch when passing at highway speeds that 5th can offer over a 6th highway gear. I love the acceleration that 5th has and I think it is a safety issue for instant lane positioning without downshifting.
    Steve

People think I am joking but I believe (know) it is truly a safety issue not to have all the power we need!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I sometimes go for 6th also but it is not needed at all. I agree 5th is more flexible and can be used for anything from 40 through wide open. I think we would miss the extra punch when passing at highway speeds that 5th can offer over a 6th highway gear. I love the acceleration that 5th has and I think it is a safety issue for instant lane positioning without downshifting.
    Steve

People think I am joking but I believe (know) it is truly a safety issue not to have all the power we need!!!
    I seriously think it would be fine with a 6th gear. Besides, the talk of a new one with a 6 speed tranny is also including a new supposed powerplant if the rumor is true.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

More "intentionally leaked" info on the new Goldwing. The top half is someone's question/comments. The bottom half is the leaker's response. Have fun reading!

1. I think it would be nice to have some of the "modern" electronics
    that my car and even truck have, I do like the reliability of the motor on the current wings.
    2. If a smaller motor was used
    that would be okay with me as an engine the same size that is in my car,
    seems over kill on a motorcycle
    3. Don't get me wrong, I like the motor but do I NEED the motor to be that big? probably not.
    4. I do tow a trailer at times, so I would still want that capability in a newer wing
    5. I do not plan to hold my breath waiting on the new version.
    6. I did like the electronic windshield
    on my BMW RT1100R, that -
    7. and the suspension.

1. Honda addressed that.
    2. Honda made it smaller in size ,but with more torque.
    3. More power is always better (If one knows how to apply it)
    4. You'll need a trailer. (The trunk and bags got a severe weight reduction= Smaller cubic storage capacity)
    5. As was told, They are pushing for a release ASAP. (I'm hoping for end of year or sooner?)
    6. They listened.
    7. Suspension is great right out of the box. (It isn't antique anymore-forks are gone)
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    More "intentionally leaked" info on the new Goldwing. The top half is someone's question/comments. The bottom half is the leaker's response. Have fun reading!

1. I think it would be nice to have some of the "modern" electronics
    that my car and even truck have, I do like the reliability of the motor on the current wings.
    2. If a smaller motor was used
    that would be okay with me as an engine the same size that is in my car,
    seems over kill on a motorcycle
    3. Don't get me wrong, I like the motor but do I NEED the motor to be that big? probably not.
    4. I do tow a trailer at times, so I would still want that capability in a newer wing
    5. I do not plan to hold my breath waiting on the new version.
    6. I did like the electronic windshield
    on my BMW RT1100R, that -
    7. and the suspension.

1. Honda addressed that.
    2. Honda made it smaller in size ,but with more torque.
    3. More power is always better (If one knows how to apply it)
    4. You'll need a trailer. (The trunk and bags got a severe weight reduction= Smaller cubic storage capacity)
    5. As was told, They are pushing for a release ASAP. (I'm hoping for end of year or sooner?)
    6. They listened.
    7. Suspension is great right out of the box. (It isn't antique anymore-forks are gone)

Well, there was patent drawings and talk of a 1200 cc 4 cylinder with electric motor hybrid out there.

I truly hope they have listened. The guy asking questions seems to be way out of the norm of most people I know. I mean really, who here has thought if it were really necessary to have so much motor on these bike? Really?

Please quit telling Honda we don't want more power. It is like that women's group saying that they speak for all women and then saying they don't like guns.

More Power is always good!!!
    Smaller and lighter with more power is even better.

More Power More Power More Power More Power
    Steve

Smaller bags? Pfft, put a fork in her, she's done!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Please quit telling Honda we don't want more power. It is like that women's group saying that they speak for all women and then saying they don't like guns.

More Power is always good!!!
    Smaller and lighter with more power is even better.

More Power More Power More Power More Power
    Steve
    NO DOUBT.. That right there had me question the legitimacy of the whole thing. Who the hell ever said or thought that?