New Bike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bike

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Bike

Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL

I prefer to ride alone or with my wife on the back. My family and friends that ride Harleys tend to slow me down. Not that I am speed racer, but I do keep a higher pace and stop less. We will be friends regardless, I just don't do their bar hopping rides very often.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL
    If one loses a friend because he rides a different bike than he, the friend is worth losing!!!..Most HD riders have their heads "stuck so far up their posterior" they would not know a good bike in the first place....Ride safe

I haven't owned an HD ever, and I laugh at each one that rides past me, even the ones that don't wave back....they're such badazzes with their scowl, noses in the air, snide remarks, etc....
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Most of them are to cool to wave back so I have started flipping them the half peace sign.

Quote Originally Posted by speeddrive1 View Post
    Most of them are to cool to wave back so I have started flipping them the half peace sign.
    I wave at all of them. Regardless. If they are "too cool" then let 'em go hypothermic!

And, not for nothing, Florida, and many other states, are ticketing "half-peace signs" under "inciting road rage."
    $500 fine in Florida.

Ride safe,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I wave at all of them. Regardless. If they are "too cool" then let 'em go hypothermic!

And, not for nothing, Florida, and many other states, are ticketing "half-peace signs" under "inciting road rage."
    $500 fine in Florida.

Ride safe,
    Steve
    But that's free speech!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I did lose a few Harley "buddies", but that was mostly somewhere between second & third gear......

Seriously, I've got one of each....my true friends are still my true friends.
    If someone is only friends with you because of what you ride to me that means that you are only there to reinforce their neglected self worth by virtue of owning a similar toy.
    #notinthirdgradeanymore

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Not so much jump shipped cuz I still have never owned a HD but I was seriously considering a RK before buying my 13 F6B. Cheaper price, better quality, more comfortable, were all reasons that led me to the F6B. I wanted a bagger having never owned one before and thought I could better fit in with a bagger at HD bike nights.

Most of my friends don't ride HD anyway and the last time I rolled up on the F6B to a bike night, a guy literally walked over and we had a 10min conversation about the F6B and I let him hop on my bike. Other than a hefty insurance bill, the F6B has been a wise choice. My other ride is a 14 VFR800 also with bags.

To be fair, I don't think I have met one stuck up HD rider at a bike night. Everyone has been very nice.

Have owned 9 Harleys over the years, put about 200k on them. I do not like to ride in large groups, usually with a friend that i have known for 30 years, but i do not mind riding solo at all. To be blunt he was aghast after i bought my B a little over a year ago. We are still friends but there is a feeling that was not there before if you know what I mean. I researched the B for a year before I bought mine and the only gripe I have is the seat- it sucks. If I were younger it would be no big deal, but it is hard to put up big $ when you are retired. I still may but the way I look at it that $ will keep me on the road for a few days and at my age that is huge for me anyway. Want to thank Roy foe letting me get astride on his, still may go that route with Hartco. But that is the only gripe I have is the seat, just have to put up with it or lay out the $ for something more comfortable. I have never been one to care what someone is riding, to me if you are in the wind thats what matters. Now some HD wave at me and I wave back, some do not but I do not care, life is too short for that crap.