New Bike - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bike

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL
    I belong to SCRC Duck River 360 chapter. Half or more are on HD and the rest on Honda, Kawasaki and one Indian. Just a bunch of good people that appreciate all rides.

I traded my 2013 Road Glide Custom in for my 2013 F6B although I still have the Sportster. As far as my weekend pirate acquaintances I have pity on them, can't we all just get along...eventually...when I ease off the throttle and let them catch up to me.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL
    I rode HD for over 25 years and just gave my Street Glide to my kid after I bought the Honda. If your losing friends over what kind of bike your ass is under its time to get new friends. Most riders can appreciate anything with a motor n two wheels. A majority of people who check it out like it, excluding my wife. She says it looks like a spaceship.

Heck ,most of the people I do ride the most often with are on HDs. Never been an issue. I'm in the CVMA and the predominant choice seems to be HD. I probably give them more sh×! than I get.

My most common riding buddy rides a 16 Ultra. He's a good rider, but sometimes he'll tell me to go on and not let him slow me down. I just wait for him before the next road change.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

HD Butt heads

I think some are that way because of low self esteem and they have to have everyone believe they have the best. They are always right as well. We ride because we like to and ride with others for the comradeship. I'm excited to show off my bike and excited for others when they get a new one . Brand doesn't matter, most of us just like motorcycles and we ride what we like and can afford. I happen to love my F6B and at my age it may be the last I own. It will probably outlast me. Just remember if they have a problem with you not riding an HD then it's their problem not yours.

I jumped off the Harley train a couple years ago. I kept my Ultra Classic until last fall, then decided to sell it and recover some cash and bought a side by side.

Just wasn't impressed with the "baby steps" Harley was taking with engine performance and ride etc. Once I rode the F6B, I knew it was the bike for me.

I test drove the Milwaukee 8 in the RoadGlide model at a bike rally earlier this summer and it certainly was better than the HD bikes from a couple years ago, but still 35 HP behind the F6B. I never was a Full blown Goldwing guy, but I do like my "B."

As far as friends go, Harley riders put on a big front, they give the hand wave "V" pointed toward the ground (very cool), but once you pull in the parking lot, most won't even look at you, let alone have a conversation. It's like the "Screaming Eagle" thing, just a facade. Shallow and meaningless.

Actually I lost my Harley buddies when I went to Victory---not Honda. BTW, they owned Hondas before Harley and still respect them.

I also have a Springer sitting next to the Valkyrie.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]