New Bike - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Bike

Heck ,most of the people I do ride the most often with are on HDs. Never been an issue. I'm in the CVMA and the predominant choice seems to be HD. I probably give them more sh×! than I get.

My most common riding buddy rides a 16 Ultra. He's a good rider, but sometimes he'll tell me to go on and not let him slow me down. I just wait for him before the next road change.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

HD Butt heads

I think some are that way because of low self esteem and they have to have everyone believe they have the best. They are always right as well. We ride because we like to and ride with others for the comradeship. I'm excited to show off my bike and excited for others when they get a new one . Brand doesn't matter, most of us just like motorcycles and we ride what we like and can afford. I happen to love my F6B and at my age it may be the last I own. It will probably outlast me. Just remember if they have a problem with you not riding an HD then it's their problem not yours.

I jumped off the Harley train a couple years ago. I kept my Ultra Classic until last fall, then decided to sell it and recover some cash and bought a side by side.

Just wasn't impressed with the "baby steps" Harley was taking with engine performance and ride etc. Once I rode the F6B, I knew it was the bike for me.

I test drove the Milwaukee 8 in the RoadGlide model at a bike rally earlier this summer and it certainly was better than the HD bikes from a couple years ago, but still 35 HP behind the F6B. I never was a Full blown Goldwing guy, but I do like my "B."

As far as friends go, Harley riders put on a big front, they give the hand wave "V" pointed toward the ground (very cool), but once you pull in the parking lot, most won't even look at you, let alone have a conversation. It's like the "Screaming Eagle" thing, just a facade. Shallow and meaningless.

Actually I lost my Harley buddies when I went to Victory---not Honda. BTW, they owned Hondas before Harley and still respect them.

I also have a Springer sitting next to the Valkyrie.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The joy of the F6B

Former Harley owner, I wear my black HD shirts and Willy Skull jackets as I ride my Honda F6B Goldwing. I enjoy my smooth ride.

Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it!

Everybody asks," Why didn't you buy a Harley?"

Traded my Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 for a brand new leftover 2015 F6B Deluxe in May. Wanted one more new bike before I get too old. Thought about a Road Glide until I test drove the f6b. I rented a Harley Street Glide in Florida last winter for a week. Not even close to the comfort and performance of the f6b, not to mention being roasted. My Harley buddies were always kind of embarrassed to be with me on the Kawasaki. They don't know what to think about the f6b, one of them called it a crotch rocket. I could care less, I love this bike and kinda enjoy their discomfort.😁 Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

F6b to Harley

With me it was other way around. I totaled my F6b and wanted touring bike with reverse. Street glide had after market reverse, took it for a test ride and liked the way it fit me. I bought 13 bikes in 4 yrs, trying to find the one that fit me. I'm short

Bought my street glide in May 2016. As of now it has 19,000 miles on it. Have been cross country two times on it. Will be ridding to Death Valley in October, that will be 2500 mile trip. And next year I'll be going to Alaska and across Canada.

If anyone asks my recommendation for a bike , I always tell them to look at F6b first. The new Beamer is good too, with no top luggage and reverse. For now I'm having fun riding my two wheels.

I thought the new 107 motor and other improvements might be the ticket to a Harley this year so I test drove a RK and a SG. Couldn't tell much difference from previous years. I would love to buy an American bike but there are so few choices (even less now that Victory went under). Unlike cars. All of my other vehicles are American which makes me feel mostly patriotic. It's kind of ironic whenever I see a foreign vehicle pulling a Harley. Can't wait to see what Honda has in store for the 2018 Goldwing!