Windbreaker windshields?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windbreaker windshields?

Windbreaker windshields?

Anyone running the windbreaker shield? Manstad seems to be predominant but isn't it the same theory? Both are a two layer shield but I think the windbreaker looks more pleasing, in my opinion.

Did you mean to type Wind Bender? I know of no windbreaker name. The Wind Bender looks a lot like the Mastad but looks to have more metal esp two strips on the outside of the outside shield where it is easily seen. The adjustments look larger also and do they only come in alum colored? I guess it is in the eye of the beholder but I like the looks of the Mastad better myself.

Windbreaker

I have a medium (14" x extra wide) size Clearview shield. Works pretty well when dry up to about 60 mph. Gets noisy over 60. I get hit in the face with rain-no matter the speed. It is supposed to have "re-curve" . Wish it were 4" taller. I could still see over it.

SierraKen
    I have the windbender on my 6 and ran one on my full wing prior. Love it! You are correct they use the same concept of two split shields. The windbender has been around for years and come in several tints and sizes. I can give you more info if you like. Just let me know

Stupid autocorrect

Yeah, I meant wind bender.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchOfGray View Post
    I have a medium (14" x extra wide) size Clearview shield. Works pretty well when dry up to about 60 mph. Gets noisy over 60. I get hit in the face with rain-no matter the speed. It is supposed to have "re-curve" . Wish it were 4" taller. I could still see over it.
    I looked at the Clearview and did some measuring, I think I would need the 16 and I would still be looking over. I'm 5'11".

SierraKen
    I have the windbender on my 6 and ran one on my full wing prior. Love it! You are correct they use the same concept of two split shields. The windbender has been around for years and come in several tints and sizes. I can give you more info if you like. Just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
    Going to Wing Ding Friday and have scheduled some time with the Wind Bender vendor to try different size shields. I like the idea, just hope it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by motornerd View Post
    I looked at the Clearview and did some measuring, I think I would need the 16 and I would still be looking over. I'm 5'11".
    The 16" should work for you. I'm 5' 10" and easily see over my 16" Clearview. I would have liked to try a 17". The protection is not excellent, it is good. The shield looks great (vs Madstad).
    Albuquerque, NM

Windbender windshield

I also am running a Windbender windshield and I love it. I also had one on a full Goldwing before the F6B.

The Windbender has a laminar lip the kicks the wind up and is designed to be looked over as are several of the other windshields. The vertical adjustment strips are below my normal field of vision and are not a distraction. If you find a used one for a Goldwing it can be used on the F6B.

Good luck in your search but I do like the looks of the Windbender as well.