Boosterplug - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boosterplug

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    If I understand the manufacturer correctly, the BoosterPlug tricks the ECM into thinking it is reading a different temperature than what the air box sensor is reading. This prevents the engine from running too lean (with some refinements, of course). Wouldn't the benefits disappear after each ECM "Adaptive Learning" reboot procedure, unless said procedures are always performed with the BoosterPlug disconnected?

Did you try this, Zteve, and if so, does your test confirm or refute my assumption? Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Good point. I'm out of town for a few days and I will reboot when I get back. It shouldn't matter though as the ECM has no knowledge of the Boosterplug. It only sees the lower (we fooled that B) ambient temp and adjusts for it. I will report back after reboot. Thanks

Cool

Interesting...I also do not see any reviews for a 1800 ???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I read about this a while back and found this thread which was informative.

http://f800riders.org/forum/showthre...lerator-module

Very interesting. $22.00 in components for a $150.00 gizmo being marketed (as extracted from that article).

As I have remarked before... this is one bike I am not going to change anything; regarding the ECM or fuel/air ratios. It's perfect. Other bikes I have done so... but the F6B is going to stay virgin in that area.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    I read about this a while back and found this thread which was informative.

http://f800riders.org/forum/showthre...lerator-module

I suppose you could make one yourself if your so inclined. But for the price I just went with the Boosterplug. Accelerator Module site does not (or did not) list one for Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Very interesting. $22.00 in components for a $150.00 gizmo being marketed (as extracted from that article).

As I have remarked before... this is one bike I am not going to change anything; regarding the ECM or fuel/air ratios. It's perfect. Other bikes I have done so... but the F6B is going to stay virgin in that area.

I will remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    If I understand the manufacturer correctly, the BoosterPlug tricks the ECM into thinking it is reading a different temperature than what the air box sensor is reading. This prevents the engine from running too lean (with some refinements, of course). Wouldn't the benefits disappear after each ECM "Adaptive Learning" reboot procedure, unless said procedures are always performed with the BoosterPlug disconnected?

Did you try this, Zteve, and if so, does your test confirm or refute my assumption? Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Did the reboot and benefits are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

The author didn't include the cost of the 2 molex connectors if you can source them. Also, I see the newer version are encased in an epoxy, presumably to prevent people from doing what this author did.

I don't understand all the negativity. The guy put something together that actually works and he makes a little profit. Big deal. I mean we're only talking about $150 which includes shipping from Denmark FCS. To install on a $20,000 bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Zteve View Post
    I don't understand all the negativity. The guy put something together that actually works and he makes a little profit. Big deal. I mean we're only talking about $150 which includes shipping from Denmark FCS. To install on a $20,000 bike.
    Typical forum stuff....don't take it to heart.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.