Installed the Bike Big Parts Backrest on my Mustang Seat - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installed the Bike Big Parts Backrest on my Mustang Seat

interested

Which the pictures still worked.

I want to do this to my mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    The member that did the Utopia backrest mod used the 17 5/8" measurement (I used his post to do my install and had to make some changes). I can see how it could be confusing if you did not read this entire post. I may edit that from my post.
    I'm the reshaped Utopia Guy...I have not been on in awhile due to health issues and life.
    I'm Dickie, I put the Utopia on my Mustang Seat. I'm glad one of you pulled my measurements from somewhere because I'd forgotten them..Its fairly easy to figure out without the numbers as I did the first time.A little unnerving poking a knife through you're expensive Mustang Seat...The biggest expense was getting a new cover made for the reshaped back rest..I was going to create a reshaped back rest kit with all the brackets and covered pad so I could share a direct bolt on kit for interested members. The local upholstery guy charged me $80 bucks and told me it was a major pain in the A to do that he wasn't interested in doing anymore..That put the kabash on my refitted Utopia back rest kits for the Mustang seat. I even got Utopia's and Mustangs permission .. Even talked with Mustang about making a back rest for the seat and was told the seat didn't need a back rest,there would be no market for it...Considering the cost of the Utopia Back rest plus the $80.00 recover it's relatively costly. Worth it to me for no more back ache..........Shortly after I got sick and that was that... Heart problems, Prostate issues, Diabetic nerve issues and then Skin Cancer..Surgeries,treatments.etc. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.....Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Pics

Did anyone save Pictures of this mod that they are willing to share?
    Is there anywhere we can go to get the lost pics?

Todd

Good News

..........Shortly after I got sick and that was that... Heart problems, Prostate issues, Diabetic nerve issues and then Skin Cancer..Surgeries,treatments.etc. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.....Dickie

Get well Dickie, glad you are on the mend...
    WEG