Smartmount driver and passenger backrests

Thread: Smartmount driver and passenger backrests

Smartmount driver and passenger backrests

Does anyone have these and if so how do you like them?

Smartmount backrest

I installed a Smartmount rider backrest on my F6B during the winter. I found it to be well built and a good design. My only reservation is I found the backrest to be too vertical even when adjusted to be in the most laid back position. a little judicious grinding on the bracket allowed it lay back to a more comfortable position. The installation instructions were thorough and easy to follow.

I have just returned from a 3,000 mile trip with a 800 mile day on the way home and the backrest definitely made a difference in my comfort. My bike has a stock Honda backrest.

Ride safe and enjoy your bike

Smartmount

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I installed a Smartmount rider backrest on my F6B during the winter. I found it to be well built and a good design. My only reservation is I found the backrest to be too vertical even when adjusted to be in the most laid back position. a little judicious grinding on the bracket allowed it lay back to a more comfortable position. The installation instructions were thorough and easy to follow.

I have just returned from a 3,000 mile trip with a 800 mile day on the way home and the backrest definitely made a difference in my comfort. My bike has a stock Honda backrest.

Ride safe and enjoy your bike
    Thanks for the info! I ordered both but sending the driver back since I ordered a Hartco seat with backrest. I hope the passenger works well along with the show chrome smoked rack. If anybody has these I would appreciate feedback. Thanks, Mike

passenger back rest

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I ordered both but sending the driver back since I ordered a Hartco seat with backrest. I hope the passenger works well along with the show chrome smoked rack. If anybody has these I would appreciate feedback. Thanks, Mike
    I installed the passenger smart mount backrest and my wife loves it. I actually think it looks even better than the deluxe stock backrest. I also installed the smoke luggage rack, both work great but a bit tricky to install...worth the trouble though. I also drilled my own holes in the small plastic covers, saved some money..

ride safe..