Mountains and F6B

Thread: Mountains and F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ERGO II scrape quickly for me and I don't think of myself as aggressive---see picture below. Fold them up and I had a hard time. BTW---the F6B will fool a lot of folks with it's ability to handle the tight turns and braking.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The bike handles awesome in the twisties. Definitely recommend a belly pan and I like the titanium pucks on my pegs. I recently upgraded my suspension. Installed Progressive Monotubes Cartridges in my forks and the Arnott air ride in the rear. When I am going to get my groove on ,so to speak, I simply add more pressure to the rear with the touch of a button. I definitely have gained more cornering clearance . Good riding techniques also get more speed in the corners before scraping. ]
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I for one could use some lessons from you Jimmitree. I live next to the mountains in Colorado and ride them often - never that aggressively - Kudos my man!

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    I for one could use some lessons from you Jimmitree. I live next to the mountains in Colorado and ride them often - never that aggressively - Kudos my man!
    I just joined the forum and have had my F6B for one week. Two friends and I
    are planning a grand trip next summer (4000 miles), starting in Denver. I may contact you to get suggestions about riding in the mountains out there (riding the passes; clothing suggestions given the altitude and temp changes, etc). Love the "B".

I assume your bike is garaged for the winter; here in Florida we are just getting started. LOL

JerryC

Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
    I just joined the forum and have had my F6B for one week. Two friends and I
    are planning a grand trip next summer (4000 miles), starting in Denver. I may contact you to get suggestions about riding in the mountains out there (riding the passes; clothing suggestions given the altitude and temp changes, etc). Love the "B".

I assume your bike is garaged for the winter; here in Florida we are just getting started. LOL

JerryC
    Here in Colorado, you do not have to park your bike for the winter. Its been over 70 degrees a few days last week. There are times where you might not be able to ride for a month, but usually you can get lucky with some sunny days.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

These bikes ride great in the twisties. I spend 7 months a year living in the Smoky Mtns. a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway. My F6B handles great. I do have a Super Brace on the front forks and also have changed the front neck bearings to tapered ones due to my being gravitationally challenged to the point of about 270 lbs. If someone tells you they do not handle check out this video of a Wing on the Dragon.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxHNnOHuikI

i never said they did not corner well...
    Perhaps the opposite, too well.
    They do it without complaint.
    a Harley will start DRAGGING EVERYTHING.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The bike handles awesome in the twisties. Definitely recommend a belly pan and I like the titanium pucks on my pegs. I recently upgraded my suspension. Installed Progressive Monotubes Cartridges in my forks and the Arnott air ride in the rear. When I am going to get my groove on ,so to speak, I simply add more pressure to the rear with the touch of a button. I definitely have gained more cornering clearance . Good riding techniques also get more speed in the corners before scraping. ]

I was hoping you'd chime in.

Another suggestions is to crank the suspension all the way up when you're headed to the mountains.