Just logged over 1000 miles - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just logged over 1000 miles

Incredible Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Beartooth Pass is high on my bucket list!
    I'd seen it on many '10 best roads' lists but was still stunned by the scenery, even compared to everything I've seen living in Colorado. As I said, it may be my best ride ever. Having a great handling bike, virtually no traffic, and super weather sure helped. Here's a picture on the other (Wyoming) side.

I've been on Beartooth Pass (in a car with the family), but have yet to ride it. It was amazing in a car...can't wait to experience it on the B. I have a friend who just got back from riding it this past weekend and he said it was his best ride ever. I'm planning to get up there later this Summer/early Fall before the snow falls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Made it home Saturday eveing...a grand total of just over 2600 miles for the 4 day stretch. Friday was spent in Nee york City...very interesting. Especially when it was pouring rain and riding through flooded streets while dodging all the cars.

It was a fun ride but i was definitely glad to get the bike parked in the garage and drive the jeep in to work today. Lol.
    2015 matte silver F6B

Beartooth Pass is high on my bucket list!
    Was there 2 1/2 weeks ago, but was not a sunny day. 35 degrees at the top, sleet and hail, and hi winds. All my concentration was focused on keeping the 6 on the wet slippery road, no time for sight seeing. Guess I will have to go back again. Still was tons of snow up above the tree line.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Was there 2 1/2 weeks ago, but was not a sunny day. 35 degrees at the top, sleet and hail, and hi winds. All my concentration was focused on keeping the 6 on the wet slippery road, no time for sight seeing. Guess I will have to go back again. Still was tons of snow up above the tree line.

I come from flat country here in Missouri. Well, not flat like KS or IA but not elevated like out west. It just amazes me there is still snow on the ground! Boggles my mind! ;-)

Snow on the ROAD Next Day

Quote Originally Posted by bgd8rd View Post
    I come from flat country here in Missouri. Well, not flat like KS or IA but not elevated like out west. It just amazes me there is still snow on the ground! Boggles my mind! ;-)
    It gets much worse than that. The day after I rode over Beartooth Pass, several riders from a Valkyrie (VRCC) rally in Billings encountered heavy snow on the pass. Here's one of the pictures they posted, and you can see several more on the VRCC message board: http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/ind...c,95884.0.html

I'm sure glad I chose to ride the pass when I did!

Talking about Beartooth Pass, does anyone know the dates that it is expected to be open? I'm thinking about next spring but need to know the normally open dates to plan my arrival.

Spring Doubtful

Talking about Beartooth Pass, does anyone know the dates that it is expected to be open? I'm thinking about next spring but need to know the normally open dates to plan my arrival.
    I don't think it would be open until late spring, like early June. Here in Colorado roads at very high altitudes like Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain N.P. usually don't open until Memorial Day. Apparently it can close at any time since on the way up I saw electronic signs stating it was currently open.