Roadside Assistance

Thread: Roadside Assistance

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina

Roadside Assistance

I'm looking at getting a roadside assistance program and have narrowed it down to AAA and Good Sam. Any thoughts? Pros and Cons?

Had AAA. Never used it so cant say good or bad. Watch limits on distance of towing before extra charges kick in $$. Can be an issue depending on where you travel. East coast, not much of a problem / Out west it can be, depending on locations traveled. Do they decide where to tow (nearest dealer) or can you have any input/preference ?

Currently have Progressive Towing for seriously cheap but you have to be insured by them.
    See if your insurer offers anything?

They all look great while you pay premiums, but once you need em, you get educated real fast. Ask all your questions now before hand !
    Good luck.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

I have had Good Sam for a dozen years or so. I take it out 3 years at a time because it's cheaper. I have used it about half a dozen times with out any problems. Here is the big difference between the two programs - distance! There is not a limit on Sam. I have a friend that decided to explore the Mojave with his one ton and fifth wheel. He sheared his spring mounts on the fifth wheel and called Sam (by SATphone). They eventually found him welded the mounts so it could be moved and then assisted him to civilization. You can't be that service.

If you don't explore the wilds and stay within the tow distances set by AAA it might be that AAA is cheaper.