ColonoscopyJournal: - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ColonoscopyJournal:

Holy cow, my gut hurts!

Funny, funny stuff there, I don't care who wrote it.

Thank God we still have issues posting pics!

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    Thank God we still have issues posting pics!
    I AGREE!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Cool

In a more somber note...if you have not had one and over 50yoa....GO GET ONE DONE !!!! Far to many people die each year just for avoiding an embarrassing moment! You don't remember and thing and its painless!

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    In a more somber note...if you have not had one and over 50yoa....GO GET ONE DONE !!!! Far to many people die each year just for avoiding an embarrassing moment! You don't remember and thing and its painless!

So true. As funny as the OP is, it's nothing like that at all. Even the day before. I've had worse days with no help!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Get it done and you will have your own funny Colonoscopy story to tell !!!!

Mine wasn't funny enough to pass along....
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post

Yup anyone over 50 should have had a least their first by now.

They are as easy as 1,2,3. Not having solid food for 1 or 2 days prior is the only downside. Hey, who wouldn't mind pulling in their belt at least one notch?

Get er done guys and gals!

That story was crazy hilarious. Thanks.

Some lessons learned from my procedure:

A. Cologuard, the thing that is advertised on TV, wasn't initially covered by UnitedHealthCare since, in their words from the level 1 appeal rejection I received, it's not proven to be safe and effective. With respect to safety, I can only surmise their concern is that during sample collection, one could "fall in" and drown. I appreciated their concern. (Note: Exact Science, cologuard's manufacturer, has a number of tools to assist insurance appeals on their website. Just today I got news that UHC accepted my Level 2 appeal. It was a potential $700 hit. Not a fortune by any means, but didn't seem reasonable not to cover it since Medicare would have. Many states also require it to be covered, with an interesting loophole in Missouri exempting plans that are "self-insured" as my medical coverage is.)

B. Bleeding: If you're filling the bowl, time to get to the ER. In my case, they had to staple a polyp removal site together in a thin wall section of the colon. Apparently, A. more staples should have been used..and B. my middle name changed to "Swingline". Triaged in the ER, followed by a 3hr wait after which I had the brilliant idea to pass out due to blood loss and make their waiting area a biohazard Superfund site. It worked. Got right in.

Things worked out fine, but the time I've had to spend dealing with insurance..and knowing I would not have gone to the hospital except for a very insistent wife, might be useful info to others embarking on this dark side adventure.
    '88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Colonoscopy over 50

Had mine done a couple of years ago. The exam was the easy part, the drinking of the NASA grade laxative was the tough part. Felt hollow going into the exam. During my exam I was in and out it. I do remember the doctor asking me if I was in pain, I guess I was squirming a bit, I told him I was doing fine until we got to his watch. He said he thought he'd heard them all but hadn't heard that one.

I'm repeating what others have said, if you're over 50 get it done. Save your own life so others around you don't have to care for your dumb ass (pun intended).

I have had 4 of them. The first one was 27 years ago. They did not put you out in those days so I had the experience of watching the same monitor the Dr was watching. I got to examine my own colon, what a joy. The rest have been the knock out version. I too had an insurance nightmare. It was covered 100% unless something was found, then I was responsible. Of course they found material to remove and biopsy so it cost me $1200. I had one right after Michael Jackson died and as I was laying on the gurney they explained they would be using propofol. I stated "isn't that the stuff that killed Michael Jackson?" The Dr thought it was funny and said yea but we know what we are doing. The anesthesiologist did not find it funny at all!