What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 121
Page 121 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2171111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1254

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Hmm...where to begin...I arranged all this via e-mail and phone calls while I was in Japan. My parts were ordered and the appointment made for the 26th of May. The GF and I made it an extra long weekend and rode up to the shop doing the work on the 25th. I rode the bike over first thing in the morning when they opened. The mechanic came out and was asking questions about the B and what I might like to do to her. Then we went inside and he asked what I wanted to get written up for her. I informed him I was here for my scheduled appointment. Turns out the owner had done everything but put it on the schedule. Parts were there and they found the e-mail chain showing that I did in fact have an appointment that morning. He called the owner whom was out of town and they tried getting me the reschedule...Work is hectic at the moment and that was my one guaranteed weekend off. They arranged to get help from the shop across the street and proceeded to get to work. I left and walked around town with the GF all day.

Late that afternoon I got a text asking me to come to the shop. The other shop decided against helping and the mechanic had only gotten the front end done. The shop offered to pick up my bike at a later date, do the remaining work and return my bike. Since the shop is 4+ hours and an international border away this sounded like a fair compromise. I left, the GF and I rode it to dinner and all was well. The next day we headed out for the rest of our weekend, I saw that the shop was open as we left the hotel. Got an hour down the road and turned off the main highway to head up the Frazier River Canyon and we hit a small bump and the front end made a weird noise. Pulled off in Hope, where they filmed Rambo First Blood, and inspected the front end. I thought it was the plastic fork protector, all seemed well and we went to leave. Was turning out of the parking lot and applied my brakes and the front brake lever went right to the grip. Pulled back into the parking lot and inspected again. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary. GF stayed there and I went to ride around the block. The rear pedal did the same thing and something was sticking/binding in the steering. Pulled back in and checked it out. Decided against going further into are trip. Called the shop and explained what was happening, rode her back. Exiting the freeway my brakes were gone again, they would pump up but first pull had nothing. Talked to the mechanic and left the bike there. Called for a rescue, mom thought I was joking...

Didn't hear from the shop the next week. Called them and they said they thought they had plenty of time as I was so busy. I told them I wanted my bike back sooner rather than later. Another week goes by and I call them and get the whole story. Seems that clunk and my brake issue were from one of the front calipers coming loose and slamming the rim. They had to send my rim out for repair. Got called Tuesday the next week saying they should have it done that weekend. Got a call Friday saying it should be ready to pick up Monday or Tuesday. Called them Saturday morning and got them to confirm it would be ready Monday morning, the owner had to come back in to finish it evidently. Picked it up Monday first thing and neither the mechanic or the owner were there just the poor secretary. Got my keys, finished up my bill and left. Everything seems good so far aside from the sour taste in my mouth from the whole ordeal.
    What shop did this work? I'd want to avoid them. PM me if you don't want to post it here....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Blashke View Post

That is so nice!
    Suh-wheeeet!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Finally installed the switchback LED kit that has been sitting in my garage for about a year. Also installed the LED license plate light that came as a freebie.
    Last week's Mohawk trail ride provided the incentive I needed to get 'em installed.
    Riding the upward spiral.

OEM Passenger floorboards

I installed passenger floorboards today.

Here's a tip. The part number for the 2014-15 Valkyrie is the cheapest I could find, by $20.00 and they fit just fine.

$89.94 for a new complete pair (brushed aluminum). They bolt on with your existing passenger footpeg bolts.

Part # HONDA PASSENGER FLOORBOARDS 2014-2015 VALKYRIE GL1800C GL1800CA 08U70-MJR-670ZB

Total removal and install time less that five minutes.

This is what I did over the weekend:

EC LED Low Beams
    Clear mirror lenses with switchback LED's
    Turn Signal Flasher replacement for LED's
    Replaced front reflectors with Kuryakyn LED light modules
    Center stand
    Kuryakyn mini floorboards
    Russell Day Long Seat

Went really smooth. Took my time with a buddies help and had no issues except for the center stand. The spring bolt I ordered was too short. Quick trip to Lowes for a longer bolt, a couple nuts and a lock washer to extend it out for the spring and good to go.

Next up is either LED fog light install or TBR Exhaust. Would love the exhaust, but Im not too keen hacking my manifolds for the Torq Loopz if the drone is too much. Didnt realize what people were talking about in regards of getting the Loopz to seal until I was reading the instructions this morning.

Picture link - 2014-2015 Honda Valkyrie OEM Floorboards

Swapped out the bee hive lights for smoke lenses.
    Added an aftermarket luggage rack that looks identical to the OEM Honda rack.

Took mine to the shop for an Adjuster to evaluate...

Azzhat young man in a Mustang decided to backup w/o looking for vehicles and tagged me at about 2-3 mph in a parking lot - damaging the right rear saddlebag and various scratches on rear trim pieces. Luckily the young man's father has insurance on the cage, and their insurance carrier is being very prompt about getting an adjuster out.

With only 475 miles on the new scoot.... "pissed off" is the understatement of the month. And my right leg/knee are jacked-up from bracing hard to keep the bike upright. So... seeing the Doc in a day or so; icing the heck out of the leg/knee and soon to be running out of Ibuprofen.

Passenger Boards

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Thanks for the info. Just ordered a set online. Been wanting a set for a while.

Seat redone , Amp/crossovers and speakers installed

Amp is 2 channel JL AUDIO
    SPeakers are 5.25 JL Audio C3's
    Speakers have 1/2" spacer since the magnet would touch the OEM speaker housing if not using a spacer..
    it's all connected to a JL audio bluetooth controller which connects to my phone..
    factory radio is completely gone amp/head unit etc....