windshield, aesthetics vs function
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: windshield, aesthetics vs function

windshield, aesthetics vs function

I really love the stock shorty windshield. It fits the style and makes the bike different than a standard Goldwing.

If it were summer time or warmer outside than it is now, the shorty would be fine. But with all the recent rain and cold, even here in Florida, its time for some protection.

The situation I am having is finding pictures of F6B's with full views (side-front) of the differing windshields. I finaly found a picture of a 19" stocker type Goldwing windshield on an F6B, but it looked like a scooter with that shield.

Can anybody show pictures of the aftermarket windshields you went with in full view of the bikes please?

Man, there are a lot of options now. When I got my F6B a year ago, there was stock and the OEM Honda tall option. I bought the optional 16.5" tall windshield and have been pleased with the looks and wind protection. As far as after market, I like the F4 offerings.

Attachment 3986
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post
    I really love the stock shorty windshield. It fits the style and makes the bike different than a standard Goldwing.

If it were summer time or warmer outside than it is now, the shorty would be fine. But with all the recent rain and cold, even here in Florida, its time for some protection.

The situation I am having is finding pictures of F6B's with full views (side-front) of the differing windshields. I finaly found a picture of a 19" stocker type Goldwing windshield on an F6B, but it looked like a scooter with that shield.

Can anybody show pictures of the aftermarket windshields you went with in full view of the bikes please?

Have you tried a full-face helmet. It is cold and rainy here in Charlotte but my shorty is fine with my full face.Attachment 3987Attachment 3988Attachment 3989

Several of the Manufacturer web-sites offer pictures of the F6B with their products on the bike...Baggershield does I know, as I have one, I believe Klockwerks, F4, and Cee-Baileys also show pictures on the bike...I think Madstad also shows the shield on the F6B...Good luck...

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I'd show ya mine but it would probably scare ya!!

Yes I use my full face helmet right now, it helps a lot. I'll look again on some of the sites mentioned.

Scottrod LOL

Does anyone have the 11" Baggershield ?

Thanks all.........

I prefer function over looks but of course would like one with both. I'm using the stock Honda with a vent. I love the vent and the 17" height that Puts my eyes just above it and the wind over my head. Its not quite wide enough and I get buffeting on my shoulders. If someone made a 17" that was 4"s wider this would be perfect. Thinking of trying the Klock Werks Flare but I'm pretty sure its not tall enough and its a bit pricey. Waiting on some reports from fellow forum riders. How about it guys?. ..........Dickie

Same thing here 120ci, I am 5'8" ish and coming from a 14" windvest on a old harley, the F6b shorty along with the bodywork is probably better than what I had. I want to feel the wind but I would like to hear the radio to, I'm thinking about 13 - 15 " max.

Clearview Windshields

Clearviewshields.com also has a windshield for the F6B with the recurve at the top. Website says they offer in three sizes. Not sure if they are really in production yet.

both had "slipstream" decals

the smoked w-s is 7" over stock, the clear is 11" over stock (as i recall), both were "slipstream" wind shields
    Attachment 3990Attachment 3991

i bought the clear from wingstuff.com part # BB20520
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map