Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
Chain drives can be a pain to maintain, especially if you drive in the wet frequently. I've been using DuPont teflon lubricant on my DR's chain... cheap stuff and doesn't attract dirt like chain waxes

I've looked at the Scott oiler but If I was so inclined, I would rather use the Tuturo oiler system, less complicated and would be the ideal solution for me if I ran in the wet.

https://www.tutorochainoiler.com/
I have a new CB500X that I purchased in May of this year, and although it is a great bike all around, having to clean the chain after doing dusty roads or gravel roads, they just sort of are a pain in the arse at the end of the day! If you don't clean them, they make a lot of noise and wear quickly. I would purchase a new Triumph Bonneville T120 if it had a belt drive for sure.

I have used an automatic chain oiler system when I had a Kawasaki W650 years back. I can't remember what type of oil I used in the system, but it was always throwing oil off the chain and on to the chrome wheel. So I would constantly be wiping off the wheel because the oil would attract dirt like a magnet. What I did like about the system, is that it would fling off dirt from the chain, and the chain always looked clean and was well lubbed. I had used the recommended oil for the system, and had it turned up to the max setting for automatic oiling of the chain. Oh well, if someone would just come up with a belt type system that would fit right on the stock sprocket system, I would be all over that one!

Regarding the DCT. I had considered trading in the F6B for a VFR1200X...very rare cross touring bike. I was going to buy one with the DCT, then I started getting the complication of adding electronic cruise control, so I bailed out and didn't buy the bike. I may go with the Triumph 1200 Tiger, since that has cruise control available. African Twin IS KULE though!