BMW K1600B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW K1600B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Those pipes look like they belong on a Mac truck.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Those pipes look like they belong on a Mac truck.
    I loved the thing at first glance, but now after more info/pictures are released I am not so sure..Agree the pipes are way to big and ugly and the gas tank "hump" is not my thing, but I will wait until I see one in person to place further judgments...So far this year I have seen nothing new that would prompt me to get rid of the F6B...Although I really do like the new Yamaha Touring bike I don't take many long trips anymore, so it would be wasted money for me....Hope Ma Honda does something really sweet with the new GW and perhaps a newer version of the B....Ride safe

Here's a review. As a guy that owns an FJR and an F6B, I had to laugh at the description of the front end (FJR) and the back end (F6B) of the BMW. Maybe if I leave my two bikes in the garage with some candles and a little Marvin Gaye, they'll create a Beemer baby of my own!

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...st-ride-review

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    As a guy that owns an FJR and an F6B,.....

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...st-ride-review
    Hi Jeff

So what decides which bike you take out? Length of ride? Weather? Which needs the dust blown off?

I also have a stablemate for the B, a Kawa Vulcan 1700 that I run for shorter day trips to keep it charged up! The B is the bike of choice for just about any ride for me...

WEG

Wait....what?

From the article, tell me it ain't so!

"The back half looks very close to a Honda F6B to me, which would have been a competitor for this bike if it was still in production."

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    From the article, tell me it ain't so!

"The back half looks very close to a Honda F6B to me, which would have been a competitor for this bike if it was still in production."
    Well, in the US, there was no '17 model, so it's kinda sorta true.

Quote Originally Posted by WEGI View Post
    Hi Jeff

So what decides which bike you take out? Length of ride? Weather? Which needs the dust blown off?

I also have a stablemate for the B, a Kawa Vulcan 1700 that I run for shorter day trips to keep it charged up! The B is the bike of choice for just about any ride for me...

WEG
    It usually comes down to a need for luggage. The FJR has lots, with the side bags, each of which is 3x the size of the same on the B, a Mama Yama rear case, and a Corbin Smuggler, because the wife don't ride. I was taking the B for the trip this week, because I have plenty of other reasons to be verbally abused, so didn't need to bring an FJR to a B rally...

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    It usually comes down to a need for luggage. The FJR has lots, with the side bags, each of which is 3x the size of the same on the B, a Mama Yama rear case, and a Corbin Smuggler, because the wife don't ride.
    Wait, what? The fjr has more luggage space than the B? It's been over 10 years since I traded my 05 away, but we had 24k happy miles. That is the bike that I still get real close to gushing over, every time I think/talk about her. Maybe I need to consider going back? Hmmm.

Mike

KTM....

If you want a truly bad ass bagger the KTM Super Duke GT could fit the bill, not really a bagger per say, but could be an absolute blast to ride. Guess it would be a "sport touring" bike.

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Wait, what? The fjr has more luggage space than the B? It's been over 10 years since I traded my 05 away, but we had 24k happy miles. That is the bike that I still get real close to gushing over, every time I think/talk about her. Maybe I need to consider going back? Hmmm.

Mike
    You can pick up clean Gen IIs for about $5K now, which is one of the reasons mine is going to be living here for quite some time. The side cases are 30 liters each, and I believe the B is 11 liters each.