BMW K1600B

Thread: BMW K1600B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    It usually comes down to a need for luggage. The FJR has lots, with the side bags, each of which is 3x the size of the same on the B, a Mama Yama rear case, and a Corbin Smuggler, because the wife don't ride.
    Wait, what? The fjr has more luggage space than the B? It's been over 10 years since I traded my 05 away, but we had 24k happy miles. That is the bike that I still get real close to gushing over, every time I think/talk about her. Maybe I need to consider going back? Hmmm.

Mike

KTM....

If you want a truly bad ass bagger the KTM Super Duke GT could fit the bill, not really a bagger per say, but could be an absolute blast to ride. Guess it would be a "sport touring" bike.

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Wait, what? The fjr has more luggage space than the B? It's been over 10 years since I traded my 05 away, but we had 24k happy miles. That is the bike that I still get real close to gushing over, every time I think/talk about her. Maybe I need to consider going back? Hmmm.

Mike
    You can pick up clean Gen IIs for about $5K now, which is one of the reasons mine is going to be living here for quite some time. The side cases are 30 liters each, and I believe the B is 11 liters each.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    You can pick up clean Gen IIs for about $5K now, which is one of the reasons mine is going to be living here for quite some time. The side cases are 30 liters each, and I believe the B is 11 liters each.
    The B is advertised with 22l, I assume that is each, not total. Surely that's not total. I'd probably get a current gen for the tbw & cruise alone. All I know, next bike will be abs again.

Mike