Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
What would take me away from my F6B would be 2 things i want and the Beemer has Reverse and 6th gear. The Beemer has those really cool floor boards, LED circular headlites, wind deflectors I have to see it in person before I buy but it had my attention. Oh and a nav system too
I just saw one in person. I thought I might like it and I wanted to like it once I had access for myself.

I can't put my finger on it, but it just looked way more complex and "busy" than our B. The engine is the focal point of the bike. It's not pretty, and appears to be way over engineered imo, whereas our B's engine is down and out of the way and "looks" smaller. The tank hump is the other part of the design that doesn't appeal to me now. It's much larger and in your face than the photos give away. Although I'm sure it's highway capable and has too much cool stuff to mention, but the bike's design seems to limit it's true purpose to city cruising and posing, unlike our very versatile B.

After my walk around I hopped back on my B the first thing that sprang to my mind was how "svelte" it felt.

Anyway the experience has allowed me to get it out of my system and move on - so to speak.

PS the experience reminded me that although it would be nice to have Honda release an updated version of the wing with new bells and whistles, I don't want them to mess with the design.

PPS...oh yeah Will, the pipes. Hornblower might be able to appreciate them, I understand they're tuned in B flat!