Thread: Newbie

Hi folks ! I just bought a brand new, badazz 40'th anniverssary black F6B. I have owned 3 previous Goldwings, and currently own a VFR800 and a bunch of dirtbikes. I did have to trade in my beloved VF750F Interceptor that I bought new in 1983 though.Put about 100 miles on it yesterday going to Galveston,TX, and planning a ride to Big Bend . I'm still trying to figure out all of the buttons on this thing !

Jeff

Hey Jeff, welcome aboard. Sounds like you know these models, having owned three Wings.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Welcome

Jeff, Welcome. You will find this group very informative. I know you will love your "B". We all do. If you have a question use the search button or just put it out there. These folks can help in a lot of decisions about equipment and options. Good luck and ride safe. F6Broy

Welcome !!
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Welcome!

Please check this thread for some of the more subtle issues we've discovered!
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...ted-8-Jun-2017

Have fun!!!!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Yam314 View Post
    Hi folks ! I just bought a brand new, badazz 40'th anniverssary black F6B. I have owned 3 previous Goldwings, and currently own a VFR800 and a bunch of dirtbikes. I did have to trade in my beloved VF750F Interceptor that I bought new in 1983 though.Put about 100 miles on it yesterday going to Galveston,TX, and planning a ride to Big Bend . I'm still trying to figure out all of the buttons on this thing !

Jeff
    Congratulation Jeff, and I know you will Enjoy this Bike. But are you sure it is a 2015 (40th Anniversary) Because the Black was only done for 2013 and 2014

I was wondering about the 40th and being black myself. I first wanted a black but even more wanted cruise control which first was available in 15 which is the 40th anniversary edition. Was told black was last available in 14. I settled for a matt grey and happy with it. If you have a 40th it will have emblems stating so right above the center cubby and below the key and another on the front cowl below the shield. I don't think anything is special other than those emblems. I guess it could be a mistake somewhere or the bike was repainted. Or as I like to say I've been wrong before. Good luck with your new bike either way.

post a pic! lets see what you got there.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Yes ,it is a '15 with cruise control. It is matte grey & black.