Look at this little baby

Thread: Look at this little baby

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Well, you made the right choice to go to a F6B. Why anyone would buy a Victory Vision in the first place is another matter. My best bud is a director for Polaris, so when I venture back north for a visit, he'll grab a bike from rolling stock, and we'll ride. The attached is from 2008, and shows two Visions from the first model year. How anyone looked at the front end of one of those and didn't ask why Polaris built a bike to honor Bozo the Clown is beyond me.
    I've actually have been attracted to ugly motorcycles.. err unusual motorcycles. I fell in love with my past Weestrom (DL650), then I lusted for and cheated on it for a Triumph Rocket 3. The Victory Vision came along very soon after that... I was attracted to its unusual spaceship style. A most comfortable bike for the long haul... best bike I have ever ridden for long stretches. I put a lot of money into it with upgrades (as I have always done with all of my bikes... a malady I think we all suffer from btw) and it was a distasteful day (many reasons) for me when I ultimately traded it back in for my current F6B.

I agree with you that Polaris will kill the Slingshot line... and I am sure that their sales will start to suffer with the Indian... due to the high price that the demand for them. Indian parallels Harley Davidson IMHO and those are seemingly the two choices avail to us now regarding manufactured domestic Vtwins

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I've actually have been attracted to ugly motorcycles.. err unusual motorcycles. I fell in love with my past Weestrom (DL650), then I lusted for and cheated on it for a Triumph Rocket 3. The Victory Vision came along very soon after that... I was attracted to its unusual spaceship style. A most comfortable bike for the long haul... best bike I have ever ridden for long stretches. I put a lot of money into it with upgrades (as I have always done with all of my bikes... a malady I think we all suffer from btw) and it was a distasteful day (many reasons) for me when I ultimately traded it back in for my current F6B.

I agree with you that Polaris will kill the Slingshot line... and I am sure that their sales will start to suffer with the Indian... due to the high price that the demand for them. Indian parallels Harley Davidson IMHO and those are seemingly the two choices avail to us now regarding manufactured domestic Vtwins
    Yep. The best thing Polaris could do right now is fire the CEO. He has made more than a few missteps, (Slingshot, GEM come to mind), and I guess is a real dick to work with. The Indians are high priced, but the thought has always been that stealing even a small fraction of the Harley market is still a good chunk of business. We shall see...

I sat on one this afternoon and was blown away at how heavy it felt. The c of g is so friggin high I could barely get it off the side stand. I admit I am a short ass, but I found it ridiculous.