Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
I've actually have been attracted to ugly motorcycles.. err unusual motorcycles. I fell in love with my past Weestrom (DL650), then I lusted for and cheated on it for a Triumph Rocket 3. The Victory Vision came along very soon after that... I was attracted to its unusual spaceship style. A most comfortable bike for the long haul... best bike I have ever ridden for long stretches. I put a lot of money into it with upgrades (as I have always done with all of my bikes... a malady I think we all suffer from btw) and it was a distasteful day (many reasons) for me when I ultimately traded it back in for my current F6B.

I agree with you that Polaris will kill the Slingshot line... and I am sure that their sales will start to suffer with the Indian... due to the high price that the demand for them. Indian parallels Harley Davidson IMHO and those are seemingly the two choices avail to us now regarding manufactured domestic Vtwins
Yep. The best thing Polaris could do right now is fire the CEO. He has made more than a few missteps, (Slingshot, GEM come to mind), and I guess is a real dick to work with. The Indians are high priced, but the thought has always been that stealing even a small fraction of the Harley market is still a good chunk of business. We shall see...