2014...F6B Regional Rallies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014...F6B Regional Rallies

2014...F6B Regional Rallies

I would like to get Phantom and Steve0080 involved in this discussion. I am thinking that rather than a very few people doing a lot of work to organize one National Rally for the F6B riders, it might be easier on those very few...to have several Regional Rallies, wherein we get local riders in each region of North America to host a rally. That gets a lot more people involved...especially at the local level, and shares the workload of hosting a rally with a multitude of people, rather than the 2 or 3 that worked so hard to host last years event in Franklin. NC.

I am thinking that if we can get a minimum of 4 volunteers...and preferably 6 to 8 volunteers...one volunteer from each Region of North America, to be the main...# 1 host...for their respective rally, and they in turn can get a couple of volunteer helpers from within their own region to assist them, that we can pull this off.

I am not going to name which regions, or which sections of North America the rallies should be held in, but I think we can all see...and agree...that between the USA and Canada, we have common-known areas such as...the Northeast...the Southeast...the Southwest...and the Northwest. We also have...North...East...South...and West. I leave it to YOU all to figure it out, and have someone step up and volunteer to host a rally. I believe that Phantom and Steve0080 will be happy to offer advice on this matter.

Here is where "I" come in: I want to ride to, and attend, each and every F6B rally next year. That means ALL of them. I also like to plan things out in advance. I am "asking" that we all try to get this ball rolling sooner, rather than later, so that those of us that want to ride farther distances can make those plans. Whether we end up with 4 or 6 or 8 or 10 Regional Rallies for 2014...I want to attend them all.

So, PLEASE put on your thinking caps. Think about whether or not YOUR area would make a good location for a Regional Rally for the F6B riders, and start talking to other riders in your area that are on this forum, to see if a small group of volunteerrs can be formed to host such an event. It really only takes 2 or 3 people in each region to do this.

Also, if anyone else wants to ride to any of these events...from a distance...I am happy to meet up with any of you and drag you along for the ride, so we all get to know one another.

What say ye?

Grand idea, and I will be the first to volunteer to host and have a regional rally in Oklahoma city. OKC has hosted numerous national and regional hog rallies. OKC has a premier downtown entertainment area known as "Bricktown", and route 66. Let me know what you think.

Cool

Seems kinda formal...but OK.... why not have one per month in a different area of the country, snow permitting and try that, it could be around the major bike fests in the country as well.....it might go further if you were not trying to do the " whole show " and tag team with a local event like a bike fest or rally .....just my .02...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I think we should have them all at the same time so nobody can go to all of them. It's not fair.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Miles,

Steve's idea of coordinating a F6B gathering with Biker events through out the country is a good idea, we have done this in the past and works out very well.

At this moment for 2014 .....

A few of us plan on returning to Franklin, North Carolina on Labor Day weekend again. Early arrivals ----> Thursday afternoon August 28th, 2014, once there we ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday then DEPART on Monday September 1st, 2014. The Hotel was reasonably priced, the Hotel staff was fantastic, plenty of restaurants nearby and the weather was very nice. Many nice roads that we did not even have the opportunity to ride on at the 2013 F6B Rally, I plan to lead at least 1 of the rides.

I normally will drive or ride no more than 12 hours one way to attend a Motorcycle event, I encourage everyone to join us and there should be no reason why anyone within a 12 hour radius from Franklin can't ride or drive in. There is plenty of trailer parking around the Hotel if you decide to trailer your Bike (across the street and beneath the back of the hotel in the lower parking area).

FRANKLIN, North Carolina is only ....

8 hours from Orlando
    8 hours from Washington DC
    8.5 hours from Tampa
    9 hours away from St Louis
    9 hours from New Orleans
    10 hours from Chicago
    10 hours from Detroit
    10 hours from Philadelphia
    11 hours from Oklahoma City
    12 hours from Dallas
    12 hours from New York City

EITHER late November or early December .... is there any interest to do a Run to KEY WEST ????

For the SW region, the rally's I know about are:

Laughlin River Run. Laughlin, NV. April 23th through 27th.

Four Corners Rally. (near) Durango, CO. Labor Day Weekend.

Arizona Bike Week. Scottsdale, AZ. April 2nd through 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post

FRANKLIN, North Carolina is only ....

8 hours from Orlando
    8 hours from Washington DC
    8.5 hours from Tampa
    9 hours away from St Louis
    9 hours from New Orleans
    10 hours from Chicago
    10 hours from Detroit
    10 hours from Philadelphia
    11 hours from Oklahoma City
    12 hours from Dallas
    12 hours from New York City
    And...70 hours from Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    And...70 hours from Seattle
    Shows only 36.5 hours from Sacramento, you must be taking the scenic route

Quote Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
    Shows only 36.5 hours from Sacramento, you must be taking the scenic route
    Jesse, it would only be 43 hours from Seattle...if I rode straight through, and did not stop to sleep. It took me slightly less than 3 days to make the ride from Seattle to Franklin, NC., including stopping 3 nights to sleep.

I'd offer to host, but i've not even been to a rally.. ;( 1500 miles on my first and only.

Although the ne,nw,se,sw sounds good on paper, I am working up to 4-6- hour rides, perhaps by next year one will be close enough to St.Louis, MO ...

Any interest in something central - heck, the Ozarks in MO have some amazing roads I am told.