The New Yamaha Star Eluder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Yamaha Star Eluder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Congrats to Yamaha for getting in the fight. I beileive the F6B is about 50lbs lighter and still more powerful. Not interesting enough to consider a change. I just wish my black came with a clear coat......Waiting on the next Gen Wing Bagger
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Congrats to Yamaha for getting in the fight. I beileive the F6B is about 50lbs lighter and still more powerful. Not interesting enough to consider a change. I just wish my black came with a clear coat......Waiting on the next Gen Wing Bagger
    I know it is all still just rumors and here say, but the Force is strong.

If I were inclined to trade up, so to speak, I'd be kicking myself to do so then find a few months later Honda reveals something bad ass.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I know it is all still just rumors and here say, but the Force is strong.

If I were inclined to trade up, so to speak, I'd be kicking myself to do so then find a few months later Honda reveals something bad ass.
    As I approach the ripe old age of 78, my wife of over 52 years informs me that my next bike '"WILL BE MY LAST" and I know she is most likely correct...I am really liking what I have seen out for 2018 so far, but will wait until the Spring of 18 to really check out and ride some new models...So far I am perfectly content with by F6B and unless something major changes for me I will ride it for now...As said from some I also have no issues with a V-twin as a road bike and my Victory Vision was a dream on the highway to me...No vibes, great wind protection, handled super and did what it was supposed to do....Got a little heavy for me as I got older and that is why I traded for the Honda......Only time will tell....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    As I approach the ripe old age of 78, my wife of over 52 years informs me that my next bike '"WILL BE MY LAST" and I know she is most likely correct...I am really liking what I have seen out for 2018 so far, but will wait until the Spring of 18 to really check out and ride some new models...So far I am perfectly content with by F6B and unless something major changes for me I will ride it for now...As said from some I also have no issues with a V-twin as a road bike and my Victory Vision was a dream on the highway to me...No vibes, great wind protection, handled super and did what it was supposed to do....Got a little heavy for me as I got older and that is why I traded for the Honda......Only time will tell....Ride safe

The Victory Vision was the BEST long distance riding bike I have ever owned.

It's a shame it was killed, with the rest of the lineup.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I think it's a nice looking bike and would like to see one up close. I won't be trading my B for if but it's not a bad looking ride. Coming off a sport bike the B is heavy. I don't mind the weight on the highway but the sides streets and parking lots at a slow ride becomes real noticeable.

I can find something to like about almost any motorcycle. That one is stretching my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDuck View Post
    I can find something to like about almost any motorcycle. That one is stretching my imagination.
    A perception of any bike will change; while you are operating it -vs- while you are observing it from afar

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

It's NOT a Honda Period

Interesting - it used the Yamaha air cooled twin. I had a Yamaha Road Star - also air cooled - great bike and even though it was lighter then the F6B it felt heavier and didn't handle as well. I wonder how this new one feels.

I will wait for the new 2018 F6b....

After owning sixteen different bikes over the last sixty some years, I will not pay money for an air-cooled/air/oil cooled road bike.....I might consider owning one if it was given to me

as a gift...with no money involved.....The F6B I own now is, without exception, the most mechanically sound and best handling bike, for its size and weight, that I have ever owned...

I am looking forward to the coming October release of the new 2018 Goldwing/F6B models from Honda.......