I went to Yamaha Demo Days in Mesa, AZ today. I was disappointed in the lack of coordination, effort, and poor attitude from the Yamaha employees. The Yamaha factory website stated the event started at 10am. I arrived at 9:15 to sign up and get a good place in line. The event had already started and I needed to wait while a couple of rides went before I could go. Oh well, that's not the end of the world. When it was my time to go I was told the ride was over booked and the bike I waited for wasn't available because the Yamaha tour leader wanted to ride it. They sent me back inside to reschedule. By that time way too many people had signed up and I would have to wait a couple hours for the bike I was told I could ride at my originally scheduled time. To which their reply was basiclly "oh well there's people in front of you now".

I was there to ride an FJR, and the Eluder just because it was there. I didn't ride either, just ended up telling Yamaha to piss off and left. I really wanted the FJR for the performance/sport touring that I enjoy here on the mountain roads. I don't think I'll buy a Yamaha after the way that went down.