The New Yamaha Star Eluder

Thread: The New Yamaha Star Eluder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I will wait for the new 2018 F6b....

After owning sixteen different bikes over the last sixty some years, I will not pay money for an air-cooled/air/oil cooled road bike.....I might consider owning one if it was given to me

as a gift...with no money involved.....The F6B I own now is, without exception, the most mechanically sound and best handling bike, for its size and weight, that I have ever owned...

I am looking forward to the coming October release of the new 2018 Goldwing/F6B models from Honda.......

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    After owning sixteen different bikes over the last sixty some years, I will not pay money for an air-cooled/air/oil cooled road bike.....I might consider owning one if it was given to me

as a gift...with no money involved.....The F6B I own now is, without exception, the most mechanically sound and best handling bike, for its size and weight, that I have ever owned...

I am looking forward to the coming October release of the new 2018 Goldwing/F6B models from Honda.......
    I hear ya. That a lot of money for a pretty simple engine design. Isn't that where all the R & D is supposed to go? My Craftsman garden tractor has the same type of engine.

Been watching some YouTube videos of people who have ridden the new TC and the bike is downright gorgeous and looks like top build quality...though we know that is par for the course for Honda and Yamaha.

What I have noticed in the ride videos is that the TC does not seem to have a lot of "get up and go". I am watching one guy right now who is rolling hard on the throttle and it seems to accelerate similarly to my old VStar 1100...which was a slow bike.

I am not sure how big of a deal this is, as I'll take torque over horsepower any day...but...I keep going back to my ride to work where I often end up behind a garbage truck or some other utility truck and I need to rocket past them in the limited areas I have available to pass on my commute. Flat-six Honda? Noooooo problem. This 1800 Yamaha, however, may be too much of a piggy even for a rider like me who scrapes a peg about once every two years.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6