Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
Hope you find relief. I was actually thinking about this today while riding. I don't see where blaming the bike fits in. I think it's a case of bad knees or something. The bike doesn't kill everyone's knees like it does to some. Please don't take this wrong, but rereading the OP, it made it sound like it's the bikes fault. Some people need the adjustments, some don't need anything. As I said already, it's a perfect fit for me. I'm 61 years old now, a tad under 6', weight 210, and have stock seat and pegs. I can ride all day.
I find this particular defense of an inanimate object particularly idiosyncratic. So what if he/she blames the bike? For him, it's the most uncomfortable bike he's ever been on, and that's got to be incredibly frustrating when you spend a bunch of your hard earned money on something that's supposed to bring you joy. I can relate. I'm coming from a 2014 Valkyrie, and relative to my 1999 Valkyrie, I found it very ergonomically unfriendly. The F6b is a fantastic machine and fits me much better, but there are definite design trade offs just like anything else. The vibration free horizontally opposed six is a magic engine with a magically low center of gravity. But it also sticks out quite a bit and makes an easy toes forward/knees relaxed cruiser position challenging to attain. If you're comfortable, that's fantastic, and what I wish for all of us. But you being comfortable on your bike doesn't help the poster be comfortable on his.