2014 Valkyrie and F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Valkyrie and F6B

2014 Valkyrie and F6B

Saw at NYC show. Mixed Emotions. Glad I have my 2013 F6B Red. New valk does not have the open engine visual impact of old. Prob a lot better performer. Only one Old Man's opinion, and you know what they say. Good to see lots of new activity from all MFG's

I had a 99 Valkyrie which was a great bike and very fast and smooth for its day..Traded it for a VTX, which was nice, but wished I would have kept the old Valk..Only have 600 miles on my F6B as the weather is terrible around here..Wondering out loud if the new Valkyrie will kill F6B sales down the road even though they are very different..I would venture to say the Valk will smoke the F6B as it is 100lbs lighter and has less wind resistance from the looks of it...I quess bags, backrest, windshields,etc. are coming next spring as accessories..Like the looks of the Valk, but the F6B is more my kind of bike these days and after spending lots of bucks to add custom paint, aftermarket shield, Cobra pipes, grips , K&N filter, chrome covers on some areas and kick-stand, I will be keeping it for a long time to come...Really love the thing so far and can't wait until spring to arrive.......

Owned 2 Valk tourers (98 & 99) over the years. I really liked my Valks.

Back in 2004/05 All the Valk (VOA & VRCC) forum guys were hoping this new bike based in the GL1800 platform was gonna show up after the Rune. But Honda just kinda baled on the Valkyrie in favor of the VTX.

I'm sure this new version will be a real performer, twisty roads or straight line, and will walk away from anything else in it's size. Valk riders used to have a lot of fun with Harleys.

I heard about & saw the pics of the new Valk but it didn't impress me enuf to stop me from getting an F6B.
    The only disappointing thing is that the new Valk is (I think) available with ABS but F6B (US version) isn't ?

I hope it does well for Honda and maybe it looks better in person but I wouldn't trade for it!
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

I am going to the NYC show today so I will check them out
    Ride it like you stole it

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaMike View Post
    Owned 2 Valk tourers (98 & 99) over the years. I really liked my Valks.

Back in 2004/05 All the Valk (VOA & VRCC) forum guys were hoping this new bike based in the GL1800 platform was gonna show up after the Rune. But Honda just kinda baled on the Valkyrie in favor of the VTX.

I'm sure this new version will be a real performer, twisty roads or straight line, and will walk away from anything else in it's size. Valk riders used to have a lot of fun with Harleys.

I heard about & saw the pics of the new Valk but it didn't impress me enuf to stop me from getting an F6B.
    The only disappointing thing is that the new Valk is (I think) available with ABS but F6B (US version) isn't ?

I hope it does well for Honda and maybe it looks better in person but I wouldn't trade for it!

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

The new 2014 F6C Valk was actualy the bike I was going to purchase. I figured that Corbin would design some bags for it pretty quick and it would be a very cool bike to have. That's gonna be a sweet machine to see on the road, I cant wait to see one. I sure wanted that baby blue color.

Love my 2013 F6B and all that weather protection that comes with it standard though. The only part of me that gets a little weathered is my face and neck. Legs and torso along with arms stay pretty protected. I made the right choice for me on the F6B.

YUP

I still have my '97' Valk, it is a work horse for sure. I have it set up for touring and pull a Bushtech trailer with it when doing so. The only problem I have with it, is the six carbs. In high altitude the Valk gets weak and that is bothersome. I must say that since I have gotten the F6B the Valk does not get ridden much, I think a sale is in the future. And by the way, I do NOT like the looks of the new valk.

as soon as we get the new valks in I'll race one with my 99 -- see what they are made of but I personally think they are pretty ugly and waaaaay prefer my F6B

I really like the looks of the new Valk, especially in black. Got to sit one one in the showroom before buying my F6. The Valk will be an absolute beast with the 90 pound weight savings over the F6. However, I want the wind protection that only a full fairing can provide and the Valk won't be able to compete in that area even with a windshield installed.

I still cant believe Honda isn't offering ABS and cruise control as options for the F6, but offers ABS on the Valk.

Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    as soon as we get the new valks in I'll race one with my 99 -- see what they are made of but I personally think they are pretty ugly and waaaaay prefer my F6B
    You and me. The Valkyrie is butt ugly. It may turn out to be faster, but you can't do fast all the time. You can, however, be ugly all the time. My F6B gets better with every ride, and it looks good.