Yesterday I picked up my new 2015 Deluxe and took it for a few miles yesterday and today. I think this is the closest I will get to piloting an executive jet. Lots of smooth power in this machine. I've had many bikes, closest one to this was a 2006 FJR-1300, which I liked, but found to be way too tall for my short legs. The F6B just fits my height and need for smooth speed. I really like the suspension, ability to turn, and power. I rode it from Baltimore, back to Virginia yesterday, and down Skyline Drive today.... and that's when I found my one gripe:

It's not the F6B. It's the dealer. I had the glove box power port installed. Can you believe that the installer left the low beam headlights unplugged? I'd already checked the bike over from front to back and realized the dealer didn't install the power plug I'd asked for. The lights, horn etc, all worked before the tech took the bike back into the shop to install the power plug. Are dealers so bad that I have to check my bike over twice when they work on it? Ad it turned out I rode without headlights for over 100 miles and realized something was very wrong when I went thru the tunnel on Skyline Dr. High beams worked fine. Fuse for both low and high were fine. He'd unpluged both low beam bulbs while instaling the new power port. Why? I can't say. But this dealer is going to get a phone call tomorrow.

Question: what is the going price folks are paying for the etended warrantee? Mine wants $800 for coverage for 4 xtra years (years 3-7). Is that reasonable? The last time I bought one of these (it was for a Honda CB-650 in 1986), I paid $200 and it was for coverage for years 1-5, when Honda offered only a one year warrantee. I have to say that that $200 was a great buy. Unlimited miles was I, and I drove that thing up to 100,000 miles -- then the recently adjusted timing chain broke and ate the inside of that engine. More recently, I could not get one for my Suzuki 650 Burgman or FJR-1300 for less than a Grand.

Bye for now!