New 2105 Deluxe Rider; Questions and a Dealer Gripe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2105 Deluxe Rider; Questions and a Dealer Gripe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    I will check out those deals!
    Thanks
    Other comments on the dealer experience?
    Well... since you asked.

You said you rode it initially from Baltimore? I live in this state, and two of the three dealers are absolutely HORRIBLE with their service. If you did... I imagine you may have picked it up from the same dealer that did (and completely botched) my brake recall... they ended up replacing the entire rear brake caliper on their dime btw... idiots.

Many of us have horror stories of Stealership service. And that is why many of us do our own work/maintenance on our bikes ourselves.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

That sucks that the dealer left the headlamps unplugged. But here are my thoughts.

- are they OEM lights or aftermarket ones ??? Sometimes aftermarket ones have poorly routed wires and when you turn the bars the wires to the lights are being pushed and pulled on ???
    - if they installed a power port in the LF pocket, the port should face in the 2:00 position and not the 12:00 position. If they did the 12:00 position, for anything newer then an 2006+, it's in the wrong position.
    - hopefully, they installed an OEM power port.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Well... since you asked.

You said you rode it initially from Baltimore? I live in this state, and two of the three dealers are absolutely HORRIBLE with their service. If you did... I imagine you may have picked it up from the same dealer that did (and completely botched) my brake recall... they ended up replacing the entire rear brake caliper on their dime btw... idiots.

Many of us have horror stories of Stealership service. And that is why many of us do our own work/maintenance on our bikes ourselves.
    Will is 110% correct. That's why I bought the $107 monsta' Service Manual several weeks ago. I won't be digging into replacing the crankshaft or the pistons, but the manual is too handy with nice photos and such that can get you over the hump if you have some wrenching and electrical history. Going to a dealer that mainly works on Groms gives me shingles that look like a Texas road map.

thanks!

Interesting that two of the dealers in that state are not well liked.... Does one of them have a Gambrils address? Whose the dealer you like?

The dealer was installing a power port on a new bike, with OEM lights. So aftermarket lights were not a factor. Why would the tech have needed to unplug the original equipment low beam bulbs?

Interesting that two of the dealers in that state are not well liked.... Does one of them have a Gambrils address? Whose the dealer you like?

The dealer was installing a power port on a new bike, with OEM lights. So aftermarket lights were not a factor. Why would the tech have needed to unplug the original equipment low beam bulbs?

Yep...

...and I do not really like ANY of the dealer's service departments here.

..and no clue. Calling them a "tech" is a far reach at this point.

Go get the maintenance manual and do everything yourself. We are also happy to help.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

welcome to the club. sorry about your issue it is easily resolved enjoy the new ride be safe.

I'm in Waldorf and dealt with a horrible dealer in Rockville. I'll never go back if I can help it. Congrats on the bike and I see we are real close. I'm always in Sprinfield. The warranty is way to much.

I cannot think of any reason to unplug a headlamp. Could the bulb be defective ???

Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post
    I cannot think of any reason to unplug a headlamp. Could the bulb be defective ???
    Maybe the "tech" was planning to splice into the wiring for the headlamp circuit, for the powerport install. It's not as far fetched as you would think... with the caliber of the hired help whom haunt Stealership service departments.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Dealer apologized for lights

Apparently the tech was a recent hire, just out of mech school, who was apparently just having a bad day. Shop manager says they were incredibly busy and thinks the kid unpluged the llights just to get the wires out of the way while he plugged in the power port. Story pretty much matches up with what I saw. The place was very busy, there were lots of bikes coming in that morning and the tech was just a kid, and I'd overheard staff conversations that someone was out sick. And apparently owner somehow got aware of the situation because he saw my e-mai to them. I persoally don't think the new kid is the problem, the problem is with th management whose supevising (or not) the new kid's work.