New 2105 Deluxe Rider; Questions and a Dealer Gripe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2105 Deluxe Rider; Questions and a Dealer Gripe

New 2105 Deluxe Rider; Questions and a Dealer Gripe

Yesterday I picked up my new 2015 Deluxe and took it for a few miles yesterday and today. I think this is the closest I will get to piloting an executive jet. Lots of smooth power in this machine. I've had many bikes, closest one to this was a 2006 FJR-1300, which I liked, but found to be way too tall for my short legs. The F6B just fits my height and need for smooth speed. I really like the suspension, ability to turn, and power. I rode it from Baltimore, back to Virginia yesterday, and down Skyline Drive today.... and that's when I found my one gripe:

It's not the F6B. It's the dealer. I had the glove box power port installed. Can you believe that the installer left the low beam headlights unplugged? I'd already checked the bike over from front to back and realized the dealer didn't install the power plug I'd asked for. The lights, horn etc, all worked before the tech took the bike back into the shop to install the power plug. Are dealers so bad that I have to check my bike over twice when they work on it? Ad it turned out I rode without headlights for over 100 miles and realized something was very wrong when I went thru the tunnel on Skyline Dr. High beams worked fine. Fuse for both low and high were fine. He'd unpluged both low beam bulbs while instaling the new power port. Why? I can't say. But this dealer is going to get a phone call tomorrow.

Question: what is the going price folks are paying for the etended warrantee? Mine wants $800 for coverage for 4 xtra years (years 3-7). Is that reasonable? The last time I bought one of these (it was for a Honda CB-650 in 1986), I paid $200 and it was for coverage for years 1-5, when Honda offered only a one year warrantee. I have to say that that $200 was a great buy. Unlimited miles was I, and I drove that thing up to 100,000 miles -- then the recently adjusted timing chain broke and ate the inside of that engine. More recently, I could not get one for my Suzuki 650 Burgman or FJR-1300 for less than a Grand.

Bye for now!

The $800 is too much. It's late tonight so probably not too many replies. You have 3 years to make the decision for the extended 4 years. Many more will chime in over the next few days and nights. There is a company in Florida that apparently sells the extended warranty in the $400 range. One Honda dealer here in town wants over $1,000 for it. My Honda dealer threw mine in so complaints from me. I would take the time to call a number of Honda dealers and get their prices. You don't have to buy it now although they will most likely tell you to buy it and finance it in the deal. NO THANKS to that. Do some searching. Also, I think you meant to say years 4-7 for the extended warranty as factory is 3 years-unlimited mileage. Good luck.

When you are ready...

Call Honda of Russellville (forum sponsor) and ask for Michele Purtle, she does their financing/warranties. Tell her that you are from the F6B forum and she will give you a substantially reduced price for the extended warranty.

It will be quite less than the quote you referenced in your initial post.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

thanks!

I will check out those deals!
    Thanks
    Other comments on the dealer experience?

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    I will check out those deals!
    Thanks
    Other comments on the dealer experience?
    Well... since you asked.

You said you rode it initially from Baltimore? I live in this state, and two of the three dealers are absolutely HORRIBLE with their service. If you did... I imagine you may have picked it up from the same dealer that did (and completely botched) my brake recall... they ended up replacing the entire rear brake caliper on their dime btw... idiots.

Many of us have horror stories of Stealership service. And that is why many of us do our own work/maintenance on our bikes ourselves.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

That sucks that the dealer left the headlamps unplugged. But here are my thoughts.

- are they OEM lights or aftermarket ones ??? Sometimes aftermarket ones have poorly routed wires and when you turn the bars the wires to the lights are being pushed and pulled on ???
    - if they installed a power port in the LF pocket, the port should face in the 2:00 position and not the 12:00 position. If they did the 12:00 position, for anything newer then an 2006+, it's in the wrong position.
    - hopefully, they installed an OEM power port.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Well... since you asked.

You said you rode it initially from Baltimore? I live in this state, and two of the three dealers are absolutely HORRIBLE with their service. If you did... I imagine you may have picked it up from the same dealer that did (and completely botched) my brake recall... they ended up replacing the entire rear brake caliper on their dime btw... idiots.

Many of us have horror stories of Stealership service. And that is why many of us do our own work/maintenance on our bikes ourselves.
    Will is 110% correct. That's why I bought the $107 monsta' Service Manual several weeks ago. I won't be digging into replacing the crankshaft or the pistons, but the manual is too handy with nice photos and such that can get you over the hump if you have some wrenching and electrical history. Going to a dealer that mainly works on Groms gives me shingles that look like a Texas road map.

thanks!

Interesting that two of the dealers in that state are not well liked.... Does one of them have a Gambrils address? Whose the dealer you like?

The dealer was installing a power port on a new bike, with OEM lights. So aftermarket lights were not a factor. Why would the tech have needed to unplug the original equipment low beam bulbs?

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    Interesting that two of the dealers in that state are not well liked.... Does one of them have a Gambrils address? Whose the dealer you like?

The dealer was installing a power port on a new bike, with OEM lights. So aftermarket lights were not a factor. Why would the tech have needed to unplug the original equipment low beam bulbs?

Yep...

...and I do not really like ANY of the dealer's service departments here.

..and no clue. Calling them a "tech" is a far reach at this point.

Go get the maintenance manual and do everything yourself. We are also happy to help.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

welcome to the club. sorry about your issue it is easily resolved enjoy the new ride be safe.