Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
No offense to anyone that lives within 200 miles of there, but it has all of the appeal to me of driving up and down my driveway....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geogra..._United_States

You know whats funny, I remember reading an article a few years back about a lady that owns a house at that spot. And she often gets harassing mail, phone calls, and lawsuits from complete strangers. The reason being is when people do a web IP search, or an search for an address for a hacker or malicious web site, sometimes the info isn't entered into a database, the the tracking software defaults to the middle of america, which happens to be her front yard.

From that link above, "In an unusual technical glitch, a farmstead northeast of Potwin, Kansas became the default site of 600 million IP addresses (due to their lack of fine granularity) when the Massachusetts-based digital mapping company MaxMind changed the putative geographic center of the contiguous United States from 39.8333333,-98.585522 to 38.0000,-97.0000.[2]"

Also, Id like to suggest an idea that might help. Im a member of a few different vehicle websites, and they all have geographical specific sub forms. Places like New England, Mid Atlantic, Pacific North West, ect. Maybe the site admin might consider adding a few location specific sub forums. I know Ive used them for more than just rides. Sometimes its very helpful to have someone close that knows how to wrench on your vehicle and can offer a 6 pack and bbq for their help.

I know that some people may feel left but nothing says you cant put out a call for a Midwest gathering and invite any and all who want to attend.