2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It is beautiful in that part of the country and I love the lack of extreme heat in the summer we have here in Florida. I do bet it is some kinda cold lots of the year. I have a problem most don't have, being that it is about 10 ft above sea level here where I live and when I get above around 9000 ft. elevation I find it hard to get a good breath of air. Took a rent car to Pikes Peak a couple of months ago and was glad I was not on a bike. At the 12K or so top I was plum dizzy and don't like that feeling at all and could not wait to get back down. Experienced it again at Rocky Mountain National Park. And it was dang cold and snow on the ground in the middle of summer. I do have on my bucket list to visit Beartooth Pass and some other places along the way up to there when I can plan at least two weeks to make the trip. That would include a lot of Western Colorado. Maybe bringing some oxygen bottles will help.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    It is beautiful in that part of the country and I love the lack of extreme heat in the summer we have here in Florida. I do bet it is some kinda cold lots of the year. I have a problem most don't have, being that it is about 10 ft above sea level here where I live and when I get above around 9000 ft. elevation I find it hard to get a good breath of air. Took a rent car to Pikes Peak a couple of months ago and was glad I was not on a bike. At the 12K or so top I was plum dizzy and don't like that feeling at all and could not wait to get back down. Experienced it again at Rocky Mountain National Park. And it was dang cold and snow on the ground in the middle of summer. I do have on my bucket list to visit Beartooth Pass and some other places along the way up to there when I can plan at least two weeks to make the trip. That would include a lot of Western Colorado. Maybe bringing some oxygen bottles will help.
    Your point is well taken. Anyone who is not physically fit should plan the altitude part of a Co. trip by carefully taking incremental stages along the way and go easy on the booze.

Now that I've said that out loud I wanna go east to what BigDawg refers to as the Bourbon Trail and the smell of horse shit...whaaaaaaa

I'll probably pass Will as he heads west. Dang!
    J/K
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Your point is well taken. Anyone who is not physically fit should plan the altitude part of a Co. trip by carefully taking incremental stages along the way and go easy on the booze.

Now that I've said that out loud I wanna go east to what BigDawg refers to as the Bourbon Trail and the smell of horse shit...whaaaaaaa

J/K

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

West Coast

I chuckle every time the talk is about ā€œwest coastā€ and the location is Colorado. Maybe there should have been locations actually on the west coast, ie California, Oregon, or Washington. Some great riding out there on the ā€œwest coastā€, whereas Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and New Mexico are the Rockies. Just saying!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Rally location

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    I chuckle every time the talk is about ā€œwest coastā€ and the location is Colorado. Maybe there should have been locations actually on the west coast, ie California, Oregon, or Washington. Some great riding out there on the ā€œwest coastā€, whereas Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and New Mexico are the Rockies. Just saying!
    As I see it in the poll there are three more or less specific locations and and a choice for anywhere. Stopover Ky. is about as far east as you can go in KY. and it is about 450 miles from the closest spot on the coast. Cherokee NC. at the east end of the Smokies is about 475 miles from the coast. the closest Co. comes to the coast is about 1,000 miles. So saying any of these choices is east or west coast is a long stretch. 500 miles is more than most people want to ride in a day, so getting to any of them from a coast is probably a multi-day trip for most attendees. The Smoky Mountains are by far the smallest area of the three named choices. All three named choices have great riding opportunities to recommend them. Attempting to keep the rally in one part of the country or another will always exclude some of the greater community, while moving locations will exclude others sometimes. The F6B will take you anywhere in the lower 48 in less than two days if you have the will to make it do so. Not going someplace because it is just too far is just an excuse. If you can take five to nine days for the rally you could attend regardless of location. Work, money and other obligations will always be a roadblock for some. Lets just pick one the spots mentioned in the poll and go from there.
    NMRed
    IBA# 63255

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post

J/K
    Physically Fit.......disapears with age, like it or not

I vote for Colorado....

Colorado is a wonderful choice, especially parts west of the Rockies and west of Denver.... A trip there would give anyone who lives east of the Mississippi an opportunity to see what

real mountains really look like, not to mention the view of blue sky and white clouds that occupy the sky above the layers of humidity and smog in the eastern states....

Okay all you guys and gals... hereā€™s my $0.02.

Iā€™ve attended The Rally for the past three years. Each has been a great time with great folks that have become friends and some fantastic roads and day rides.

Round-trip travel distances for me from Phoenix, AZ were about 3800 miles to Franklin, NC... 2600 miles to Russellville, AR... and 3600 miles to Pigeon Forge, TN. Iā€™ll let you figure out the travel times. Two of these three rallies were based within 100 miles of each other.

Iā€™m not retired , but I made the effort to get there for the sake of the ride, the camaraderie and the discovery of new roads. Those are the big reasons I bought this bike.

You riders who live near the Right Coast have great roads right in your own back yard and I understand your reluctance to travel. Hell, if I had roads like that in AZ I might be less inclined to travel for days to try something new.

We ride a great bike. GaTeach proved it to herself with her marathon ride last year. And I rolled my own 10k miles this summer.

I really would love to meet and ride with more F6B Riders who have knowledge and experience beyond my world, on new roads with fresh vistas and challenges. I think rallying in Colorado would be amazing. Iā€™ve always heard the Rockies have some phenomenal roads. I can only imagine what would be in store for us.

So I encourage my Right Coast friends to push their personal envelopes and challenge themselves and vote for a road trip to a destination outside their comfort zone. The F6B will go the distance... will you?
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Okay all you guys and gals... hereā€™s my $0.02.

So I encourage my Right Coast friends to push their personal envelopes and challenge themselves and vote for a road trip to a destination outside their comfort zone. The F6B will go the distance... will you?
    We have attended the last 3 years as well. Traveling 2 up on the F6B where the passenger isn't going to last as long as I can in the saddle, managing the vacation time needed for such a trip, plus the added expense of a longer trip, are all realities. Would love to ride in Colorado. Just don't know if it will be feasible next year. It's just a reality. Would require sacrificing other yearly rides.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"