2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A lot of good ideas in this thread.

I want to throw out a couple of words of caution when we think about changing rally locations.

For starters we need consider all the other motorcycle clubs that get together in the magnificent areas that have been suggested here. BMW groups and Harley groups in particular have multiple clubs in most every state and dominate the amenities in and around the best places to ride and meet up. This is just one of many giant logistical challenges for the organizers.

The other bit of caution I want to mention is that from my experience typically 25% of the members that enthusiastically signup as attendees to a rally drop out for a variety of reasons just before crunch time. It would suck if the region was changed and the members that drove that change dropped out as attendees.

My suggestion is that we leave the location of the 2018 rally as arbitrary and totally up to the admins of this forum.

Would I love to have a western regional meet up? Of course. But, I'll get over it and possibly the west coast could do our own thing when it's practical and possible and there's always Google Hangouts or Skype to connect with rally attendees if the rally is out of range for some.

Steve and Phantom have put in the time and effort already, and know what it takes to make these rallies happen. What ever formula and venue they come up with will be a success for those that attend, as long as they remember to include a prize for longest distance traveled.

edit: And if it happens that a member or two in the area of the 2018 rally can assist with the logistics and heavy lifting, all the better.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

2018 rally

i would be in for Colorado for sure...

Bunny from Winnipeg

All I ask...

Hi,

I piped in earlier and it sounds like things have gotten somewhat defensive.

All I am asking is that once every few years the rally be in a location that considers that fact that there are B's on the west coast. Didn't mean to ruin anyones party. Don't want 2 events. Time to be fair and share your toys with all the kids.

Thanks,
    Pete
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

West coast

PNW would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolsch View Post
    PNW would be nice.
    Eff that. Rains too much up there.

I will come to Colorado... from the east coast. I think Colorado is very centric and a good spot. Hope that those out west will show up for it; once they tentatively commit.

If there's not a big gathering from our western half of the US indigenous F6B'ers... then the past discussion of keeping it east/southeast seems warranted.

Light 'em if you got 'em

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

I will come to Colorado... from the east coast. I think Colorado is very centric and a good spot. Hope that those out west will show up for it; once they tentatively commit.

If there's not a big gathering from our western half of the US indigenous F6B'ers... then the past discussion of keeping it east/southeast seems warranted.

Light 'em if you got 'em
    Uh Oh... that almost sounds like you're throwing down the glove to the West Side Boyz...

Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Uh Oh... that almost sounds like you're throwing down the glove to the West Side Boyz...

I did. And we expect attendance if the gathering is ultimately deemed in that neck of the woods.

I'll most certainly be there. Will the rest of you?

Road Trip !!!

What better way to spend your end of days...? Think about that..

...our lives are too short to be wishing that we shoulda.. when we coulda..

...but some looked for an excuse to not

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Light 'em if you got 'em
    No offence to our right coast brethren, however we in the PNW prefer to spread out our rain vs having it delivered all at once...

I would seriously consider Kentucky for the same reasons others have stated. Colorado works better for me though, either way the goal is to get together and actually meet the people here and enjoy some good rides and good company.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    No offence to our right coast brethren, however we in the PNW prefer to spread out our rain vs having it delivered all at once...

I would seriously consider Kentucky for the same reasons others have stated. Colorado works better for me though, either way the goal is to get together and actually meet the people here and enjoy some good rides and good company.
    Kentucky Yea!!!
    09 Red Vulcan 500 (sold)
    11 Black Vulcan 900 (sold)
    13 Black F6b (they'll never be another)

rally 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kolsch View Post
    PNW would be nice.
    where is PNW - im a canuck - dont know all the lingo . eh!!